This is Amber at 4 weeks old, we'll be collecting her at the end of june :D

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Ad n Chez

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

Ahhh she is so sweet, I bet you can't wait to pick her up!
I hope she settles in well :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D

Thanks Guys. No don't have to travel far bout 30 mins down the road to Tetbury.

The breeder was great. I'll have to tell her about hte forum as I am sure she would love it as she has a few labs of her own.

Amber's Mum is black and her dad is Fox Red.

When we went to see them there were 2 bitches this colour but Amber was the one that was kissing and licking us so I guess she picked us!!! :lol:

Can't wait to get her home. We are investing in a Puppy cage. We've read that its worth it as then they have their own private little area.

What do you think?

Ad and Chez

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi ad

yes the crates are great we have a 48" for our rosze she hasnt had one since she was a pup though but i have heard you can get crates that come with partions so you can block access space off till she needs it...

there also good for safe gaurding your house while you are out incase she turns into a chewer..LOL..(thats the reason i got my crate..lol)

but yes also good for ambers space only :p

the best place to look is e-bay brand new delievered to your door in 3 working days and a lot cheaper than shops i payed £45 or £49 for my 48" from ebay

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope she not toooo much of a Chewer..... I'll keep you informed.

We hope to go up and see her next week. I was going to take up an old blanket or something of ours so she can get used to our scent and when she comes home with us she has a scent of her Mum...

I was also gonna get s little collar - 2 reasons - 1 so we can identify her easily 2 - so she gets used to having something around her neck. What do you think?

Great forum by the way.

Hope to come to Warwick in August.

Chez N Ad :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Welcome to the Forum
The puppy looks very sweet. I think a crate is a good idea saves lots of frustration and damage.
The collar idea may not be a good idea, the breeder may not like it , it could be a bad thing, one of her litter mates could chew it off, also there is a danger of one of them being caught up with it and choking your puppy. I am sure the breeder can mark the puppy for you. There are many ways that this can be done.. Good luck with your pup Regards Meg

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
HI there

welcome to the forum... baby amber is very cute indeed.... :D ...I bet you can't wait to get her home....

Good luck

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum

Amber looks gorgeous bet you can't wait till you get her home.I agree with the others a crate is a great idea.

margaret

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Amber is a cutie! You must be so excited! We first saw our lab Corbie at 4 weeks also, and he too was kissing me so I think I was another that was chosen rather than having to chose the pup myself :lol:

Corbie's breeder used a gents hair shaver to put a little mark in different places on each of her pups when they were born (all 11 of them) so she knew each one and was able to tell us about Corbie, that he was the first one out, was then the heaviest before one of his brothers took over that role!

And, yes, crate is a plus! and go to ebay as you'll save at least half of the retail price of those in pet stores. :wink:

Hope you enjoy being part of the gang here and look forward to hearing more about Amber. :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Ad & Chez

Your pics of Amber are just so cute. What a lovely colour she is. I bet you can't wait to get her home wth you, I'm sure the next 4 weeks will fly by, you'll be busy puppy shopping anyhow to notice!!

Look forward to seeing more of Amber on the site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind welcome guy's :D

I think cheryl will need to get her own log in, other wise this will get a bit confusing :roll: The first post was me, then i find she's been on here talking to you all with my log in! :eek:

Anyway, back to amber! We've got her first lead, found a good size crate and we've had a look at some baskets for her. I'm i'm told labs like plastic ones so they can chew on? Is this correct?

Chez is gonna ring the breader later and see if we can go down and see her again this weekend, can't wait! I'll prob get some better pic's this time (one's without my double chin in! :oops: ).

Cheers

Ad.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hiya Ad,

Welcome - your little baby looks like a little cutie!!
I've had Milo for 5 months now (he's 7 months) and we started out with a plastic basket (which he promptly outgrew and chewed to death) but he doesn't chew half as much now so we recently got him a HUGE whicker basket which he loves and doesn't chew at all.

So to answer your question I would say yes, start with a plastic one as they like to chew and I think they are cheaper.

I'm no expert and somebody else may tell you different as they might know a bit more but I would go with it.

Somebody initially told me to use a cardboard box but Milo would have had it for his dinner which I don't think would have been very good!

Good luck going to see her next week! x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone.

I've phoned the breeder and we will be going down again on Sat night :lol: so hope to have some more pictures on the site on Sunday.

Watch this space. :wink:

Chez x

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi chez and ad

make sure that you have a variation in textures for amber to chew on, the sorts of things i bought for my puppies were
small rope bone ( pets at home)
variety of small and medium cuddly toys (charity shops- well washed)
wee gravy bones - these can be used as treats
card board boxes--mine used to love this
my other advice is if you are going to see it this weekend take a cover or towel or something that can be left with the breeder so that the scent of the litter gets onto it to make the transfer to your home easier, and remember to take it home with you when you collect amber.

Good luck and wish you well lol :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Chez & Ad,

Welcome to Labforums :)

Your little bundle looks beautiful, what a sweetie! All this talk of puppies makes me want to get another one! (Maybe in the future hey!)

All the best with little Amber, if you need any help or advice you know where to come. :wink:

Looking forward to some more photos.

Bye for now,

Julie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi guy's

We've just got back from seeing our beautiful puppy Amber! She's grown a fair bit in only a week or so and their all much more livlier now!

She's found her little voice and made herself heard amongst her brothers and sisters! But by the end i think we tired her out and she feel asleep in my arm's 8)

These are a few pic's (think we must've took about 40 pic's!), the last one was her just before we left, think you'll agree she looks totally knackered! :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts