·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many a set back we have finally been able to bring home Bonnie today :D

She is a rescue lab who had a litter of pups approx 9 weeks ago
Here is thread about our set backs in rehoming her:
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-64768.html

So, after receiving a call today to say we could get her today, we were there at the dogs home opening time :D

She was a star in the car, she jumped straight into the boot and sat quietly during the 15 minute journey :D

Once home, I took her round the back and into the garden to have a sniff & 3 poos 8O

Bailey came out and they have been great together.....although Bailey follows Bonnie everywhere and will not take her eyes off her

At the dogs home we were told that Bonnie didn't really play with toys, but also added that dogs can be very different in a home......since being with us Bonnie has taken every available toy outside and played with each one :lol:
She is toy crazy :lol:

I have taken Bonnie out for a walkies, after taking Bailey first, and she was fab.....she did a poo again 8O

Here's a few piccies

Bonnie with a toy in her mouth

Bailey not taking her eyes off Bonnie

Supervised drinking

Gorgeous Bon with another toy

Getting fuss from the kids

Getting comfy on the sofa

With her yellow red dingo collar.....it fits :D :D

She has really enjoyed being outside, and has been really tolerant of bailey as she has been seriously pestered by her

When we went to collect Bonnie, the last 3 of her pups were also being homed at the same time and one of the new owners gave me her number to meet up once we're settled which I thought was lovely :D
Her family loved Bonnie, and they were taking a black pup :D

Bonnie is currently lay on the sofa fast asleep, and Bailey is on the other one :D

We are so glad to have her home with us :D

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
AW how lovely! So glad you have her home at last, you all must be so releived she and Bailey are getting on ok. Kiddies looked like they were having fun too. Good luck for her first night at home! :D

Marianne

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
That is so lovely Em, now you need to update to 2 labs :wink: Seriously how fab that you have given a home to an utterly gorgeous black girlie and I bet Bonnie and Bailey will be best of friends very soon :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
She looks really happy, bet she's so pleased to be in a lovely home like yours and I'm sure they'l both settle into a routine soon :)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Em_n_Bailey said:
_Linda_ said:
That is so lovely Em, now you need to update to 2 labs :wink:
I have just done it Linda :D :D It's official :D
:lol: :lol: really so happy for you, I remember how much you wanted a second dog, how lucky you found Bonnie :D

Lovely too you can keep in touch with her pups too, awwwww :D

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Welcome home Bonnie! :love7:

Looks as though Bailey rather likes her new friend :D Great that you will be able to keep in touch with one of Bonnie's pups too :flower:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
What a lovely ending for Bonnie a new forever home where she will be loved by all!! What a lucky pup she is!!

I think it is really nice of you to give her a home when most people overlook the mother for one of the pups, good on ya Em :wink:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Wow, she really is gorgeous!
Very pleased that Bonnie is all better now after that nasty sore mastitis and she looks like she's settling in really well with you already.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
thanks for sharing :D It's lovely to hear that Bonnie has begun to settle and is playing with toys. Love the photos of Bailey supervising.

Hope you had a quiet night.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
How lovely :) I feel so pleased for Bonnie that she now has a lovely home, and she looks so settled already. Congratulations :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts