Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Optigen have now confirmed and I am confirmed to run a 20/20 clinic on Wednesday 25th November 2009. This will mean all bloods to be to me by Tuesday 24th November 09'.

This will be, as per my previous clinics, arranged where folks book their own tests online with written direction from me and my discount code to tap in on the payment page, then get their own blood taken at their own vets and mailed to me. I will then pack up everything and Fedex it to the States in time for the clinic on the Wednesday. Mouth swabs acceptable as well as bloods.

Blood samples, mouth swabs and original test forms will need to be with me by Tuesday 24th November at the latest - so ensure the blood is EITHER taken on the Friday or Saturday before and stored in your fridge over the weekend, OR taken on Monday and mailed to me registered next day post.

I will be Fed Ex'ing samples off the afternoon of Tuesday 24th November on an overnight service.

Please contact me:

[email protected]
01903 755963
0771 4458944

To book a place..... or places...... and I will fill you in on all details. Tell the world!!! ;-) Labrador Retrievers only i'm afraid.

Best!
Diana Stevens

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies!
Di

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Di, I am interested but will try to ring you tonight to discuss options (cant type so would take me a week to explain!)
thanks, Christine

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Christine,

drop me an email so can reply with the instruction sheets which may make things clearer for you.... am not the easiest to get on the telephone, although the mobile is easier....

Di

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Diana,
I would like to get Mildred tested, but as yet I haven't got my head around the whole idea. :? May I phone you on this matter?

Many thanks. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi

Can any one set me straight please, i know once before someone (possibly John / Di ) posted the stats of Opitigen testing but i cannot find it on a search.

If both parents are opitigen clear does that ensure that offspring are also clear?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ockey, yes it does so no need to test if both parents are clear. Unless you REALLY want to back it up with a certificate, say for if you were going to stand the dog at regular stud.

Tobias welcome to call me my numbers are there, I tend to be easier to get on the mobile or by email than the landline.

Linda and Westmacott I shall be in touch - booked.

Di

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hi Diane

I have been on the optigen website to see for more info.
Please could you confirm which of the tests the bloods are for?

PRCD-PRA
RD/OSD
NARC

Which of these would be covered by a mouthswab?

Many thanks
Heidi

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
" Please could you confirm which of the tests the bloods are for?

PRCD-PRA "

My clinic is for this test and only this test, although optigen does offer the other tests mentioned.

Mouth swabs or bloods accepted for this clinic.

Di

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Thank you Di!

In your experience would you say the bloods prove less problematic... having read somewhere that someone on LF had to redo their mouthswab??

Do people ordinarily only go for the PRCD-PRA and not so often do the RD/OSD or NARC test? (I know the PRCD-PRA is for progressive retinol atrophy but less clued up on the others) just pondering.....

thanks again

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Di

Just a quick update to say there definitely won't be anything from me on this clinic - save you having to worry about chasing me at the last minute (again) :oops:

Regards
Sue

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heidi,

Ok, well now bloods work every time, there is no question about that. And of course with mouth swabs you do run the risk that you haven't managed to get enough matter onto the swab for the test to run satisfactorally. You have to weigh up the bit more cost of a vet visit and the intrusion of a small blood draw compared to the obvious benefits of taking swabs for zero pence at home.

BUT you do have more risk that they will need resending. Not all that often but I do usually get a couple each clinic that do need reswabbing.

Di

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Diana said:
Heidi,

Ok, well now bloods work every time, there is no question about that. And of course with mouth swabs you do run the risk that you haven't managed to get enough matter onto the swab for the test to run satisfactorally. You have to weigh up the bit more cost of a vet visit and the intrusion of a small blood draw compared to the obvious benefits of taking swabs for zero pence at home.

BUT you do have more risk that they will need resending. Not all that often but I do usually get a couple each clinic that do need reswabbing.

Di
Thank you

and ... a formal apology for addressing you as Diane instead of Di or Diana in previous posts. :oops:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh blimey, thats nothing to what some call me ;-) ;-)

Di

1 - 20 of 33 Posts