Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had company overnight and my neice brought her springer bitch with them, we have never met her before as she is a ?? 3yr old rescue who only has 3 legs and apparently cute as anything. She turned on holly today who is 9 months when they were out walking/running in the fields and holly retaliated, my beautiful sweet submissive baby had her on the floor teeth and growls the lot. I am so surprised at holly as she has such a mild manner is it just instinct that when she was snapped at she turned nasty she is only 9 months and usually just runs around like a loony and plays nicely with every other dog we meet. We don't know much about the springers past they have only had her a few months and we wondered if she has been abused she seems to be quite posessive over balls etc.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I think ball/toy possessive behaviour is quite common. It sounds a bit like handbags at dawn to me though, not a fight as such, more just a sorting out with lots of flashing teeth and noise, but not any real contact. As long as they've still got all their legs, well, the ones they had before the incident anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had incidents with both of mine where another dog has had a bit of a go and they've retaliated, it always sounds much worse than it is, and we make a lot more of it than they would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts