Labradors Forums banner

ollie had his operation today

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Luna-Tuck 
#1 ·
after a few months of running around like a greyhound and no lameness over the last few days he has been pulling up and letting out a loud yelp and then hopping on 3 legs :(

his back left leg is the problem so i took himto the vets this morning and it was diagnosed to be his knee keeps popping out :( which causes him great pain so they operated today by chiseling out a notch in his knee joint so its a better fit

brought him home at 5pm and the poor little man is in a lot of discomfort :( its very difficult for him to go to the toilet and i have to help him get up and to sit down ............ me and angela are taking it in shifts staying up with him as he cannot really sleep and he is whining non-stop :( ........... maisie has been really good with him and has been laying close to him all night

maisie looking after her big brother albeit from a more comfy perch :D

he has just gone to sleep now :D bless him :D i hate seeing either of them in pain its only been 10 days since maisie had her spay but she is doing really well and had her stitches out yesterday :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Poor Ollie.. what a quick response from your vet too!

I hope that he is more comfortable after some sleep. Glad Maisie is looking after him.

Get well soon Ollie!

#18 ·
the vet told me to cut the dressing down near his foot but when i did that the whole thing slipped down about an inch exposing the stitches at the top of the leg so i rang the vet back and he said to just cut it all off , so very carefully i cut it all off and he is much more comfortable and the swelling has gone :D :D

he does look funny with a completly bald leg :lol: :lol:

#22 ·
_Mary_ said:
Good to hear the swelling has gone down, is Ollie using the leg now?
he is using it very slightly , and the little monkey managed to get on the sofa while my back was turned for 5 minutes :lol:

he is doing well at leaving his wound alone , he is so soppy when he is under the weather , last night he came and snuggled right into my neck and stayed there for ages :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.