Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.
Some history. Chester is an intact lab of 13 1/2years. He's had a couple of medical issues over the years including occasional fits (from 1 yr of age maybe 4 max each year, no meds, an infected anal gland last Aug emptied and treated, laryngeal paralysis, excessive drooling and arthritic hips. He's started to urinate in the house recently where we could do with some advice. He can manage overnight and fairly long days with no problems but recently he urinates on the lounge or kitchen floors showing no knowledge he's doing it. Seems to be full steam not a dribble and own within a few minutes of coming back inside from doing business.
Any advice please?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Sorry Chestersmum, I don't have any advice but this will bump your post to the top so someone who can help will hopefully see it.

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I can offer no advice, I'd head to the vet to see if there are any meds that can help him out. Puppy pads could be helpful if it tends to happen in a similar place each time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies, vets it'll have to be. He doesn't travel very well so may become a bit of an ordeal. I'm frightened for him too. ..will we bring him home again. Poor Chungy ; (

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
If he can hold overnight and for decent periods during the day but then can go outside and then come straight in and wee, it sounds as though he could be confused about where he's going? Or maybe have an infection (urine infections can cause confusion).

The vet may well want you to take a urine sample in for them to test. If he is getting confused, there are products that can be given for this.

:grouphuuug: It's not fun, worrying about them. You've only got two posts left unless you want to pay the £10 a year to subscribe (which is a good deal as there are lots of people happy to offer support), but I hope you can come back and let us know how Chester gets on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts