Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have seen loads of threads on our lovely labs now how about your pet hate just that lil thing that annoys you or niggles away at the back of your mind??
i have to say my pet hate about my labs are THERE FUR when they shed/malt ALL OVER THE FLOOR....lol...no matter how much i brush or hoover they shake and more fur on the floor :? :? .lol..
apart fromt hat i love em to bits...lol.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think I could live without Harvey eating horse poo every chance he gets and I would be quite happy if he lost his interest in gardening and stopped digging up the borders! :wink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Apart from the fur which with two of them is a nightmare! I'd have to say the fact that I spend hours training them and then I go and get married and husband who doesn't feel the same way I do about dogs comes along and in one session they walk on and off the lead brilliantly, at his side, one on either side. They do not leave his side, do not run after bicycles, do not try to play with other dogs or children.

So the reality is they know the commands, just they don't listen to me. :x

Clearly I have to start asserting my dominance more towards the dogs. Maybe they feel sorry that I am too bossy to my husband and at least let him feel like the boss with them :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie's cursing habits are:

- De-flowering my newly sprung bulbs ... have now fenced off some of the borders, but given up with rest!

- Pinching something he shouldn't have (socks, pens, etc) and then running under the dining room table and won't give the thing to you.

That's my boy! :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
my pet hate (apart from the hairs) is when you spend days teaching him to do something and then say to someone "look what he can do" and what does he do? nothing! just sits there with THAT look on his face, head going from side to side as much as to say "me, i know nothing" :oops:
but dont you just love them :lol:
jane and max.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I have to agree with you karen, mine is also Ben pinching something he should'nt have! Then there is the drooling when your eating, puts you right off :( He looks like he has eaten a trainer with just the shoe laces hanging out! I wouldn't mind but we don't even give him any, just ever hopeful i guess :lol: At the moment he is decapitating my daffodils in the garden, I only have 5 left now!!!!!

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: :lol: lol..love all your posts i knew all our labs couldnt be darling little angels all the time.lol.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi guys,be carefull as daffodil bulbs are dangerous,dylan was violently sick last year and vet said it was the bulbs that was the problem, hence all bulbs in pots at front of house where dilly cannot get to them this year.Lynne.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Thanks for that Lynne, i didn't know that! Good job i have only 5 to remove now!!!!! It is the heads ben likes, he pulls the petals off.

Cristina

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The hair isnt really a problem as we have mainly laminated floors and a Dyson lol.

My pet hate is the garden, if its not a stone Buster has in his mouth it's dirt or a plant or anything else he finds. I've tried everything to deter him but no matter what I give him to play with (or eat) he still prefers to devour the garden :? .

I've bought him a paddling pool,the neighbours will think I'm mad but who cares lol. Just going to put some water in it and see if that will distract him from the rest of the garden :roll:

Kev

·
Registered
22 Posts
love this thread - good to see Zack isn't the only gardening lab about. Know what you mean about the Daffs - last year we had lots of green stems with no flowers at all, Zack just pulled them all off. But does anyone else have a lab with a talent :roll: for pruning. All our shrubs had their stems chewed off about a foot from the ground in the autumn apart from the evergreens (which is where he hides to pounce on cats, birds, rabbits etc). He even pruned(!!) the small silver birch we had planted in the garden about 6months before we got him. I found the top of it in the kitchen with a very pleased for himself Zack sitting proudly beside it. I think we are just going to returf the garden and forget about shrubs, flowers etc for a couple of years.

Elaine

·
Registered
669 Posts
I forget how naughty our labs can be. Mine are older (wiser?) but definitely less destructive now days. I do recall feeling sorry for them in my old house as we had no real garden, just soil and stones so we turfed it and put in plants etc and a dog kennel.

About 3 days later, the turf was in bits, pulled up and rolled about. The plants completely pulled up, not even bitten off, just pulled out. The kennel was chewd round the corners. Holes everywhere in the garden!

I can sympathise with you all and just say - give up gardening until they are at least two yrs old :lol:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Great idea for a thread, Claire!

Shadow's not too bad being a grown up (yeah right!!) and not having a garden, only a rear yard, he isn't horticulturally inclined. One or two of his little tricks are the amount of slippers of mine he has shredded - nothing else chewed, just slippers, and sitting right in front of the telly when the film has got to the important part! Oh, and shaking himself when we come in from a muddy or wet walk, before you have time to reach for the towel!
I wouldn't have him any other way though!

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ben likes to do a bit of pruning, he likes to bring us in the odd branch with nice new buds on it still! He has recently taken to thinning out our hedges too, dragging bits of twigs from inside the hedge. Maybe someone might employ them as gardeners :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
168 Posts
Me, I'm going to concrete my whole garden, that or turn it into an car off-road centre given the amount of potholes, mounds of earth chewed pants around the place!!!

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Yes, dylan is a keen gardener too,but theres hardly any bushes for him to destroy now only 2 left well 1 and a few tufts really,and he's made a right mess of my fruit trees,theres about 12 ins of dead grass around both of them where he piddles,hubby had a good idea to put pebbles around them,but i cut that suggestion to the quick as i have enough problems with him running around with the stones already here let alone more to tempt him,Lynne.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:oops: i just discovered another pet hate of mine roszes dribbling of her water as now my bottom will be bruised tomorrow..lol..i just gone sliding across the kitchen floor kids thought it was hysterical to see mum water skiing so to speak.. :cry:

as for the garden roszes digging to australia is still continuing :( at least it will save on the plae tickets..lol..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts