Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it's not Alfie. Plus the smell is slightly different...... In fact it's making Andy's eyes water :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those in the know...is it possible that Dolly is coming into season? She's 7 1/2 months now. I know some bitches do become a little 'fragrant', but from the onset?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't think it's her anal glands. Hubby used a tissue for a quick wipe of her bum...nothing, and then another for her 'flower' :wink: and it was definitely the smelly one 8O

There's no sign of any swelling at the moment, she's not cleaning more or weeing more etc. so I don't see how it's a urine infection or the like, but I may be wrong.

I'll no doubt know when I walk in the kitchen in the morning if it's still there :pukeright:

She's due for her 'Junior' check up at the vets this week anyway, so I guess I'll maybe find out more then.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
A fishy smell is common for many bitches during their season, infact many old school breeders swore they knew when to mate their girl based on that popping its head up ;-) I have my doubts but certainly the fishy small is for real even if one or two others haven't experienced it with their girls.

However when a bitch is not IN season it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

If shes not wee'ing lots and licking at herself I'd probably not worry too much about it. Certainly anal glands have a distinctive sour smell, but I know the 'fish' smell exactly, and its very different to that.... but of course its hard to define between them if you have never smelt either ;-)

Di

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Minnie stank when in season and I hated it, she had her one and only bath after she had finished BUT she didn't smell before she started.

I would get the vet to check her out.

Mandy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts