Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering getting a labbie dog to keep my girls in line. One kennel I've seen doing very well in France (and shows also in the UK even thought they are now based in Geneva) is "of Tintagel Winds". Has anyone any experience or knowledge of any of their dogs? I've noticed that practically every decent breeder of labbies in France has a TW dog/bitch in their lines.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hi Nicola,

I have seen them around at the shows. They do have some lovely labs, and had 2 very nice studs in Carromers Charlie Chalk and Foulby Tittle Tattle.
I think most of their stock goes back to recent British lines, but all very blue-blooded.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Charlie passed away last year which is sad. I do keep an eye on their website from time to time but I need to do a spot of saving up too as a pup can cost anything for €850 upwards! They do have some lovely dogs and have been very helpful when I've spoken to or emailed them.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There is a tribute to Charlie in this years LRC yearbook. I loved the bit about him being the only man she ever lived in total harmony with :)

Funny but very moving.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes I know they travel backwards and forwards to the UK for showing their dogs. I haven't been around the shows recently, but they were all at the celebration of the 100th year of the Lab Club. woth many more from the continent. Regards Meg

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It maybe because they have relocated their kennel from France (where Mrs Leith-Ross lives) to Geneva where her daughter lives. I know they were at Crufts and have been showing more recently a lot more in Switzerland (doing well with Poole's Memory and Utter Nonsense anda couple of pups) and they will be at Lyon in June. Their new lcoation is a lot further from where I live but I still covet one of their pups! One day....

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Julie
That is a very interesting site.Everyone should read their "history " As mentioned on this site many times by Jenny and John that it is very important before anyone starts to breed or even show needs a Mentor.
Breeding any breed must never be taken lightly, and not just done because it is a good idea for your bitch to have a litter. Let those who want to do it properly and improve the breed, and if you are not prepared to do this leave it. Regards Meg

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
megaloo said:
Hi Julie
That is a very interesting site.Everyone should read their "history " As mentioned on this site many times by Jenny and John that it is very important before anyone starts to breed or even show needs a Mentor.
Breeding any breed must never be taken lightly, and not just done because it is a good idea for your bitch to have a litter. Let those who want to do it properly and improve the breed, and if you are not prepared to do this leave it. Regards Meg
I could not agree more! When I was considering breeding/showing with Coco, Mrs Leith-Ross offered me a lot of helpful advice. I've decided to leave it to the experts and one of her pups is defintely on the top of my "want" list!

bradleysmum said:
Hi Nicola,

Came across this link today, just incase you haven't already seen it.

http://www.twlabradors.com/index_e.html

Regards,

Julie
Yep, I know the site well - it's one of my favourites! I've just reread the tribute to Charlie and it's set me off crying again!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hi Nicola, Kira told me I was to drop in and say Hi

I keep freindly with Kira and her mom Filicity, Kira is now based in england but still travels to geneva

I have made a booking to use nonsence on my young girl breagha whan she next comes into season, so we will have retaled pups

Kira recently handled solo for me at the Northumberland and Durham champ show for me, and did very well with her, didnt get placed but she made my girl look wonderful

ok enough drivel from me

hope to chat better soon

best wishes from the velvetine girls and me

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mhairi
How exciting!
Next time you see Kira say Hi from me too!
Nicola

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Nichola, Im confused... you were in touch with Kira recently on a thread we talked about French Champions and you too chatted like you knew each other.... didn't you buy a pup from Felicity too or is this someone else and I'm getting things confused... this seems to happen a lot ot me recently :) I thought you were already in touch with them?
Di

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a lovely bitch from Carromer's Charlie Chalk, and I have always been very impressed of Charlie. I think he was the ultimate labrador, beutiful as only few and a great working dog.

If I should buy a puppy, I would strongly consider to import one of "Tintagel Winds". But I have agreed with Kira that I can mate with Utter Nonsense (Robin), so I will keep a bitch from that litter.

But I am very impressed about very many dogs from Tintagel Winds.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Diana said:
Nichola, Im confused... you were in touch with Kira recently on a thread we talked about French Champions and you too chatted like you knew each other.... didn't you buy a pup from Felicity too or is this someone else and I'm getting things confused... this seems to happen a lot ot me recently :) I thought you were already in touch with them?
Di
Hee hee Di!
Confusion comes with age they say!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: Yes, I bought Bluebird from Felicity in France (near Geneva) but before then and since I have been in touch with Kira by email and Felicity by phone and in person. Kira moved to the UK, as you know. We've never met (Kira that is) in the flesh but Bluebird has her own page on the Tintagel Winds website!! The first post of this thread is quite an old one if you have a look at the date.

Charlie is Bluebird's Ggrandfather on her dam's side and GGGrandfather on her sire's side. Her Sire is Tam O'Shanter.

I FULFILLED MY DREAM OF A HAVING A TINTAGEL WINDS DOG!!!

Talking of which the naughty minx STOLE a bunch of grapes right out of my friends basket today and ate the lot PLUS she's just decimated MOHs freshly planted window boxes he left on the floor. He is NOT amused!! I had to laugh at him chasing har around 4 acres - her with a lovely yellow pansy in her mouth!! Great game!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi All,

I have been reading this post as I met Kira and "Utter Nonsense" in May of this year at the SKC and fell in love with Robin (hope I remembered his name correctly!). Kira did tell me that he was being used at stud to a few bitches and I was lined up to hopefully get a dog puppy from a breeder. Unfortunately the mating didn't go as planned. Kira is such a nice friendly person to talk to and her dog was so soft and happened to to get grass all over himself as he wanted his tummy rubbed before he went into the ring!

Does anyone else have a problem with their website? I cannot get onto their website at all as every time I try it closes my browser down.

Andrea

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funnily enough it was one of his "potential" litters that I was interested in. I found Bluebird instead!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Maddie,

Thanks for the link but for whatever reason I can't get it to open in any of the 3 browsers I have installed, IE, Firefox or Avant!!

It's strange how things work out as I now have a chocolate dog and I had sworn before that I wouldn't have chocolate - black is my colour. The next lab will be black and I am already having to work out where his/her bed is going to go.. :?

Andrea

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's bizzare! Which version of IE are you using - it works for me on IE6 and 7 (on different PCs), Firefox too. 8O

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hi Nicola I will be chatting with Kira in the morning and will pass on your regards, I will also be meeting her on saturday at the Gundog Breeds of Scotland champ show in edinburgh

cant wait till breagha comes into to season as she is going to nonsence (robin) dead excited I am, can you guess

1 - 20 of 30 Posts