Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months I've noticed that after a session of high activity Fidgit will suddenly just lie down and look at her back end. After a few seconds to maybe a minute she will get back up and carry on where she left off.

I've noticed that this is more pronounced when she's been playing in water so I made the assumption that the sill moo was just a little cold. BUT it seems to be happening now when ever we exercise.

She doesn't make any noise so it's difficult to know if she's in pain at all but for her this is really odd behaviour.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why she may be doing this?

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Can't help - but would be surprised if it is the first symptoms ever for hip problems because of her age (no expert mind)

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I would take a stab (because that is all it can be of course) at her tail bothering her. Especially as it is more when she comes out of water and the nerves can be quite affected by water. I wonder if she has a problem at the base of her tail or IN her tail, as in a small break or some kind of pain. I have no clue what it could be with her tail but if you do go to the vet it might be worth mentioning....

When she wags does she wag 'normally', no 'kinks' or odd angles? Does she raise her tail horizontally or wag it between her back legs below the 'horizontal'? Some dogs always do this and have no problem there but many who DID wag on the horizontal, and don't all of a sudden have a lower back or tail problem because it hurts to raise it too high....

Just some thoughts
Di

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Di,

To be honest I don't think it is her tail as she seems to wag it normally all the time. It looks normal ie., no odd angles or anything and it only goes between her legs when strangers are around.

Apart from these odd incidents just after and during excersie she is her normal bouncy self.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts