Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good clubs in that area?

I am currently staying at my fathers house and not sure how long I will be there - couple of months plus is my guess...

Neo and Bramble have had some pet obedience training which didn;t really challenge either of them as much as I would have liked...

So does anyone know of a nice friendly (kind) club - my emotions are a tad raw at the moment and I couldn't do with rough handling!!! But one where we could join at a more advanced level and where we could go on a weekly basis and not have to sign up for a course....our old club was a pay as you go job which worked well for us....

Oh and whilst I am about it - any ideas about gundog trainers???

(Not demanding at all me am I???!!!) SEriously any help would be appreciated especially as I have been told there is one club here that should be avoided at all costs....

Thanks

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!

Thurrock may well be a possibility, I rather think Elm Park is the other side of Romford....

I will definitely go and have a look!

Many thanks

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
174 Posts
Eve - I'm in Ingatestone & I'm investigating clubs to join with Bailey when he's old enough. I'm looking at Brentwood to, & would appreciate knowing which one to avoid.
Could you please PM me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Quarry

Can I ask what clubs you have found in Brentwood? If you don;t mind sharing!

I'm going to have a look at the Thurrock one that Kaladancer suggested...

What I would say is that it is worth travelling for a good club

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've found
i) Essex dog training Centre - Next to the Brentwood centre
ii) Brentwood & District Dog Training Society - classes in both Brentwood & Ingatestone

Bailey will be ready to start in a few weeks, so I'm planning to go & watch at both before then. However I'd be interested in people thoughts - good or bad , on either of these.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm definitely going to talk to Thurrock

Quarry do you ahve a phone no for the second club Brentwood and District please???

Eve Neo and Bramble

G

·
Ohhh Eve......If you have it, I'd like the number for the Thurrock club too, as I don't really want to take Pickle back to the Billericay school if I can help it.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
SEriously any help would be appreciated especially as I have been told there is one club here that should be avoided at all costs....
If it's the one i'm thinking of then I think that view is really outdated maybe.
True there are some grumpy dogs there (where aren't there) but I have never heard the trainers recommend anything physical with the dogs (there's been a big shake up of trainers too)

Nellie goes to puppy class and we are told not to push them into a sit etc.

Anyway, it does fit your bill of being able to go in at an advanced class, drop in when you feel like it and it's £5 a session.

Induction week is £9.

They do obedience on a sunday morning and tuesday and thursday evening - I honestly think they would be completely open to being asked about their training methods if you went along.

ps I reckon bramble would love the agility too :)

edited to add: we don't go to the obedience class, but they do all 'happen' around us at the same time as agility and I've not seen anything untoward directed from the trainers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts