·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History -

28th June Oak hips and elbow xrays done by Marilyn

5th Aug BVA score plates

6th Aug BVA send out results

11th Aug elbow results appear on Kennel Club website - zero, phew!

13th August Marilyn will meet with vet to sort out and post all the results she has received

Question - who will tell me the hips results first - KC on website or Marilyn by post?????

I was perturbed by the elbows being on the website and not the hips, so I phoned the KC and they told me the result to save me chewing my toe nails as I have no finger nails left! But I am not making it public until I see it in print - with hunderds of results in front of them it would be only too easy to read the wrong line on a print out when on the phone.

So, any bets on when I will find out officially and what the results will be?

Both parent have 0:0 hips and elbows. But of course that is no guarrantee of a good result. Any bets anyone?

Katy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
So weird, Kenzies hips came back a week before her elbows results.....that was in june!!

I guess very low....say 1.1 but hope you get a 0.0 !!!!!!!!!

Still nothing for me on Huni's scores, so I might just have a look on kc website now..... oh my god!

Trace x

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I think that they're just quicker to put the elbow results on the kennel club website. Dyls elbows were on several days before his hips, but I got both results by post from my vet before either result was on the website.

I think it's a bit naughty of them to publish them on the website before you've been informed :?.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
I have to say I think I would be incredibly cross to see something appear on the KC database before it has been sent through to me. After all we are the paying customers :roll: .

Not that it has actually happened to me though :D .

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect it may have been because the results are sent to Marilyn and her vet partner in Hampshire first, so take a little longer to reach us than if they went direct to us or our own vet.

I don't mind about elbow score being published - I just want to see hip score there too!

I prefer Trace's guess to Nicky's! :lol: Any more bets?

Katy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oh my god......they are here...well on the website that is. I have never been on the website to find them.

And....drum roll...... 0 elbows and 7 hips!!!!!!!!

I can not tell you how happy I am, so is my sister who bred her from a bitch bred by me, my 5th generation of "Shollamy"!!

We do have a future husband we have our eye on and he is a stunning lad, but its early days and it wont be til late next yr and I have eyes to do now. She is Optigen and CNM clear as well.

Oh oh oh I am so over the moon I cant tell you.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, they worked.

Now good luck to anyone else waiting, and hurry up and tell us Katie!! :lol:

Not sure how I feel about it going public first before I knew about it, but I just wanted to know!!!!!!

Trace xx

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh Trace that's fantastic !!!! I'm so pleased for you!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!! :D :D

Katy

PS NOW WHERE ARE MINE?!!!!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Huge congrats Tracy! So pleased for Huni-bun!

Di

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I am obviously very thick, but, where are you looking in the kc website for your results? My bitch was xrayed 22 june and still nothing.
Sherry

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Thanks Ness, thats where I looked - nothing,
BUT, I had two dogs eyes tested on the same day, one result is on there and the other is out of date????
Sherry

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Tracy, that's just a super result!!!!

On the subject of the KC online health database, I've just checked for additional scores that may have been carried out for the litter I've bred two years ago and I've just found out that another bitch has been scored - for anyone and their database :lol: :

Contender Conker: hips total of 8

So far, the dogs that have been scored from this litter is pretty darn even which I, as a breed, find very satisfying:

Contender Cassanova: hips total of 8 (3/5)
Contender Chili: hips total of 7 (3/4)

Still awaiting scores from one more bitch so fingers crossed for something similar 8)

Natasha

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sherry the KC took ages to update Ash's eye test too - although they put Oak's on.

If you want me to ask about your dog they told me to phone them on thursday if Oak's hip score isn't on the website by then, I could ask for you?

Katy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts