Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Thats great..... really well done! :)

Just a tip, as a judge, to really show off her nice front and length of neck, rather than holding her with the lead tight around her neck and your hand up... loosen off her lead, push it back to her shoulder blades and have it long and looping round her neck. i will find some pics to show you.... it makes a dogs front look lots better rather than tight like a terrier ;-)

It might take a bit of reschooling for her, but it will look more at place in a big championship show class and clever little girl i expect thats where shes heading!! :)

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Just a few pics to give the idea... not as lovely as pics as yours but hopefully show what I mean....

[fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]2514[/fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]

[fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]2498[/fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]

[fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]2490[/fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]

and this one purely for the people in the background.... lol lol.... JOHN! SAM!! :)

[fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]2522[/fullalbumimg:89d55754e6]

I kind of hope that helps - ours is a freestanding breed and they look at their most lovely freestanding... :) Your little one will look smashing!

Di
[/img]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diana said:
(...) it will look more at place in a big championship show class and clever little girl i expect thats where shes heading!!
Di
oh thank you :oops:

Diana said:
You look very cool and calm ;-) It gets better I promise :)
I was just "dying" of stress especially because that show was in Telford so there were a lot of friends watching us.
I will practise with lead as you suggested - we were attending ringraft classes but they rather show little dogs so probably just don't even know about that lead trick for labradors. Thank you again :D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Sorry she looks lovely anyway, just gives a nice stretched out pose... and the judge can see her lovely shoulders and neck. So gradually work at getting a little further back off her... teachig her to catch can help.... so now and then you toss a bit of cheese at her to jump and catch.... nothing gymnastic, but cleverly timed so she is really alert and begging as such (but in a stand) as the judge is looking at you, then toss it for her to catch, as she moves onto the next dog. YES occasionally they miss and they plunge across the ring chasing for it... lol.... but its just little flick, so if they DO miss it will only land at their feet or within a foot or two of them... :)

Worth a try....

D xx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts