Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dylan,my 14month old black lab just had an operation on his elbow 2weeks ago,he had a piece of bone removed and refuses to slow down.I know he is frustrated with the lack of excercise,but pretending to be spiderman is not good.Has anyone experienced this operation on their labs before, and do they get back to good mobility?,unfortunatley, Dylan will have to have an operation on the other elbow as well, as he has a problem with that one too(bilateral elbow dysplasia).And according to the surgeon he allready has artritis.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Branwen,

Welcome to Labforums.

I'm sorry to hear about Dylan, it must be difficult to keep him from moving about too much, i know how much energy these lovely labs have. Whilst we haven't had to experience this problem with our lab, i do wish you and Dylan all the best, and i hope one of our members will be able to share a similar experience with you.

Please keep us posted, we care about all our lab friends...take care now.

Julie

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to Labdad for the info and to Bradleysmum for the concern,will keep you posted on Dylan's progress I suppose it would help if he was able to take medication but Rimadyl,Synoquin and Glucosamin/chondontorite send him loopy and the surgeon took him off them.He also has a sensetive stomach and can only eat certain foods otherwise he goes haywire,similar to kids on blue smarties and orange squash I beleive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts