Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we are off to the vets again. Gillie has not eaten or drunk anything this morning. He has seemed fine in himself but is definitely quieter now, he just wants to sit on his bed. He was absolutely fine yesterday and ate up his dinner. He was awake at 5.30am this morning and I took him out and he did a poo, which is unusual, he normally goes to about 9am.

The only thing that has changed is that we have stopped him eating any fox poo for the last 48 hours!

I have offered him his usual food (JWB with a little white fish) which he has not touched and I have also offered him some tuna fish which he loves (as I thought it may be his teeth) but he hasn't touched that either.

I am more worried that he hasn't drunk - he is usually a good drinker.

Please send lots of get well vibes :(

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Aww poor Gillie. I hope he is ok and just not really hungry. I would be concerned that he isn't drinking though. Maybe he has a bit of an upset tum? Hope all goes well at Vets. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has been to the vets (getting a bit of a habit unfortunately!) His temperature and heart rate were normal. He was uncomfortable when she was feeling his belly and she could hear gas. She has given him an injection to settle his tummy and told us to watch him closely. He will either get better in which case no worries or worse in which case he has to go back for an xray of his tummy and possible treatment. She said to offer him some white fish an hour after the injection to see if he shows any interest.

So it's a wait and see game at the moment :?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He has eaten a little fish and had a small drink so fingers crossed he's on the mend. He is still very quiet though, normally he is running us ragged but today he is just sat on his bed.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Do you think the heat might be getting to him? Elphie has been a little sick today, but might just be her jab.

Hope little Gillie perks up soon.

Hugs. :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your kind words! Gillie is still moping round like a wet weekend and staying on his bed in the air conditioned office. He has still not drunk a lot. I am going to give it until 4pm and then ring the vet to see if they are happy for him to go overnight or whether they want to see him again today. I don't think the heat is helping but there is definitely more to it then just the heat :(

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I was going to suggest an ice cube too. Another trick is to put a tiny splosh of milk in their water (not to flavour to change the colour) some dogs think it's something different then apparently and so lap away :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.....yes he enjoyed an ice cube. He has also had a small bowl of fish with a small handful of his JWB and a few mouthfuls of water so I think we are on the mend. It's supposed to be puppy class tonight but I think I'll just go and watch and give him a night to recover. He is farting like a trooper so perhaps the trapped gas is on its way out! They are such a worry.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
glad to hear he's eating and drinking a little now :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts