Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm after some collar advice :D

at the moment popstar has a pets at home leather collar and she's previously had a nylon collar but they have both stretched. this for obvious reason isn't particularly practical as they get to a point where, if she tried she could slip out of them 8O also, neither of them can be tightened any more, there are only so many holes you can add to a leather collar :roll:

so, what sort of collars would you recommend that are a) not going to stretch and b) most importantly i think :wink: that look good ?

any help will be much appreciated :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just bought both of mine Red Dingo collars. Easily adjustable though they don't look as if they'll stretch and very easy to clip on and off.

Paddy has the bright orange which looks great with his black fur and Sadie has imperial purple, just right for a bossy boots.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Both of mine are currently wearing Red Dingos and their both in very good condition still and dont appear to have stretched.

Try _Lesley_ on here and her shop - you also get 10% discount for being an LF'er !!

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I was "tweeted" by a company today with a collar that looks pretty interesting. www.cycle-dog.com

Had a wee look and they say they are non stretch. Made of recyled inner tubes. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Not that I was looking for collars but I rather like the idea of those Fiona, thanks for posting that link. I can think of a little black Lab who would suit the red one :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_Laura_ said:
Both of mine are currently wearing Red Dingos and their both in very good condition still and dont appear to have stretched.

Try _Lesley_ on here and her shop - you also get 10% discount for being an LF'er !!
i've been checking out the collars on there :D :D

i'm liking the look of the dublin dogs as they look easy to keep clean, are they non-stretchy though?

i've also looking at the red dingos, do they get stinky and are they easily washable?

i'm thinking as it's poppy's birthday tomorrow i might go for a whole new look for her and get her a new tag as well :lol: :roll: :D

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Red dingos all the way here - yes they are washable, (meg got very muddy yesterday and just rinsed it off under the tap and hung it up to dry for abit) and adjustable so streching isn't a problem

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Dublin dogs will stretch if you have a puller. I don't have pullers, only use the collars for "show" infact have never attached the leads I bought to go with them! :oops: but others have said they stretch.

The red dingos are easily washed in the washing machine. Again others have said the pale colours - i guess pink - fade. I have the dark colours, but they are only for going to "grannys" house for holidays and they just aren't allowed to get dirty at grannys house!!! :roll:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Paddy regularly rolls in whiffy fox poo :roll:

His Red Dingo collar comes up as new each time it's washed.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
As the above have said !!!

Red Dingos come up great in the wash and theres such an assortment of colours and styles !

I also have dublins for both of my girls but these are only generally used on off lead/water walks so not sure about the stretchiness with them.

Have fun choosing Poppys birthday present !!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hiya,
If you need any help please feel free to pm me.

With regards to the Dublin collars - all I can say here is that when rubber gets warm it does expand. This is not ideal if you have a puller as this just makes the problem worse.

I recommend Red Dingo all the way - My two woofs have had Red Dingo collars and tags now since we started selling them in 2006 - I can't recommend them highly enough. I've lost count as to how often they have been through the wash and they still look great and haven't stretched.

In the early days the pale colours (pink) did fade but I think Dingo have now addressed this issue.

Lesley
xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts