Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh I saw every hour with Daisy pup last night. I think Im going to have to give in and take her to bed or leave her with the others. I cannot function on this amount of broken sleep.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We've always had our pups in a box in our room overnight until they are reliable and are sleeping through the night. Can sympathise with the lack of sleep, I work lots of night shifts so often sleep deprived. :D

?

·
0 Posts
Claire, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, to keep your sanity. It's no big deal.

If you take her to bed with you, you can always wean her off sleeping with you later on. My sis has all her pups sleep in her bed or bedroom from the get go, but they all end up sleeping elsewhere eventually.

No Sleep is No Fun. So just do what you have to do to get some. 8)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just do what you have to do to get some sleep! It's horrible being tired. She'll adapt later if needs be, but for now either leave her with the others or take her with you. You can't possibly function properly without some sleep. X

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lack of sleep is awful; you have my sympathy. I'd second (or third) what others have said - either take her to bed or leave her with the other dogs. I've only ever had one dog at a time but each has slept in my room to start with and moved downstairs later with no problems.

C

·
0 Posts
Willow is now 5 months old and was a terrible sleeper to begin with... She now despite constant ignoring when she barks, sings show tunes from 5am onwards until I let her out (she barked for over 2 hours sat morning!) She goes to bed no problem in her crate and sleeps through until 5, when I get her up she just crawls on my lap on the sofa and goes back to sleep!

We have decided she is probably just lonely and since no amount of ignoring her works, I am going to de crate her over night and put her bed in my bedroom tonight and see how that works!

I am sure in a years time we will both look back on this time and laugh (or will be laughing from insanity caused by sleep deprivation! )

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daisy 1 Mum 1
She got her way...slept on sofa all night with big girls and I got a whole nights sleep. No wees or poops to clear up either.
Feeling refreshed. Oh what a lovely sleep x

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daisy 1 Mum 1
She got her way...slept on sofa all night with big girls and I got a whole nights sleep. No wees or poops to clear up either.
Feeling refreshed. Oh what a lovely sleep x

·
Registered
244 Posts
Fab news - to echo what everyone else says, sleep deprivation is torture and getting some should be a priority.

You can fine tune the who is sleeping where structure later on, without being in a straightjacket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts