Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
We have a 12 week old black lab who we adore. He is getting in really well with house training and has started to ask to go out. We could really do with some advice with sleeping longer at night. He is waking up every 2 hours and whining/barking to be let out. We put him in the garden with limited contact, he goes to the toilet and then walks straight back into his crate to sleep. This pretty much happens at 1.30 ish, 3.30 ish and 5.30 ish. We are going to bed later at the moment so he goes out at 11.30ish.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ps
I love this forum as it is very reassuring to know everyone else is going through the same things. We have had a lab before but like people the labs are very different.

·
Administrator
20,904 Posts
It sounds like it's started to become a habit. I would start to stretch him a little. Say 2am then 4-30am. Dont suddenly make big changes but gradually work it over to what you want. As you say, all Labradors are different, my worst for house training was Beth many years ago. She just never cottoned on holding it through the night until 6 months old. Then one morning she was clean! I made such a big fuss of her and she was never dirty or wet again!! My best was Amy who was clean and dry all night after just 3 days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone,
We have a 12 week old black lab who we adore. He is getting in really well with house training and has started to ask to go out. We could really do with some advice with sleeping longer at night. He is waking up every 2 hours and whining/barking to be let out. We put him in the garden with limited contact, he goes to the toilet and then walks straight back into his crate to sleep. This pretty much happens at 1.30 ish, 3.30 ish and 5.30 ish. We are going to bed later at the moment so he goes out at 11.30ish.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ps
I love this forum as it is very reassuring to know everyone else is going through the same things. We have had a lab before but like people the labs are very different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. I was wondering whether it was a habit too?

Should we just try and ignore the cries and barks as long as we can when he wakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts