Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm between holidays and having withdrawal symptoms when is our next GT?????? :D It feels like ages since the last one and looks like there is nothing planned?

I'm thinking of doing a bit more of the sefton coastal walk this sunday if anyone fancies joining me (we could maybe scope it out for a future gt?)

Any takers? x

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Leanne - any ideas when or where?

And most importantly how long? And will there be anywhere for the less able to dip out and wait for your return??????

We would love to come - depending on all the above and the condition of a certain foot...

Eve Neo and Hopalong

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I'm away the next 2 weekends, and am going to do the Delamere sponsored walk for the Animal Cancer Trust on saturday 3rd October. Register between 9 and 10am. Three mile trip round the lake. Free lead for anyone raising over £5 sponsorship. I did it last year and met Duggy and Em-and-Bailey for the first time I think.

I'll be there. Hope you can all make it. I lost both Que and Queen to cancers, so it would be good to have some support for the cause, and good to have some fellow walkers for the fun. Coffee/lunch afterwards?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yay, we cant wait to come to another GT after Dolly was in season on the last one. I think we might be going to Tatton park this sunday, not sure yet. But if anything gets sorted for this sunday,then let us know 8)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was thinking the same thing last night, it seems like ages ago since the last GT. As normal we don't have any plans so we are available this weekend just let us know. We can treat it as a birthday GT for Jas (its actually the Monday after) so see you there.

Ps Hope you had a good holiday Leanne

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To start with this Sunday is good for me, I was thinking of trying the next stretch of the coastal walk (4 miles from Freshfield station to Ainsdale station i think) or if you can make it eve we could always just do a plod around formby for those with a poorly foot.

Could you do freshfield/formby andy?

I'm thinking early afternoon so if i dont get all my painting done on saturday i can finish it off sunday morning! :D

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
I'll have to come back to you on that one Leanne - but at the moment it doesn;t like we will be able to make this Sunday - so plan as though we can;t... and if we can by some miracle we will do our best to fit in!

Eve Neo and little Hopalong

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Id love to join you all and put faces to names.
However i cant make this Sunday :(
Im doing over time.
If the date changes let me know, id be up for it.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hello strangers :wave:

We can only come to GT's closer to home I'm afraid.

Fudge is completely banned for life from them :( :( :( I couldn't risk a knock on his back I'm afraid, hooleying about is a no no. Doctor's orders!!

I would have to either be able to get back to the GT and home within around 4ish hours or arrange for him to go to my sisters.

Angel on the otherhand is completely desperate for a play with all the boys :D and I feel completely grounded since his accident.

Mmmmm......maybe I could leave Derek at home with him 8) I'd have to give this weekend a miss though as it's our wedding anniversary so I should really spend it with him.

Keep me posted for the next one though and we'll try to either make Delamere or maybe we could arrange one for Angel's Birthday around the 13th October.

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Oh Jo!
have I missed something? What has happened to Fudge???? Poor lad - give him a hug from us - and especially Bramble one injured soldier to another....

Eve Neo and Hopalong

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yea Leanne we can do Formby no probs, just not the 4 mile one though. But if everyone wanst to do the 4 mile, its not a problem :D Aww its Jasmines bday soon, she is growing up :D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Aww thanks Eve. Fudge clattered down the stairs, beginning of July and was paralysed for a time. He's still having physio to get his legs right but is still very delicate and starts to wobble when he tires. He has damaged a disc and his spinal cord so I think he is a good as he is going to get now.
The problem is he's a Lab though so doesn't know how to slow down and not loon about.

Me and Angel will try to make a GT soon though x

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Jo that sounds horrendous!!! Poor fudge and poor you....

Glad to see that there is some recovery... and hopefully the physio will help... poor lad..

But believe me its not just labs that don;t know their limits - setters are no better....

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
What's Bramble been up to then? A broken leg?
I came on last night and my stupid pink girly laptop logged on then off so I lost the 15,000 or so posts I'd missed!!!

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
You have my sympathy with lappys Jo!!! Mine has a mind of its own... can;t wait to get my big grown up PC back!!!

Here is a link to Brambles_thread

Basically they went into kennels whilst I was house hunting and Bramble came out crippled....broken leg, crushed bone, severed ligaments - he will never walk properly again (though I am hoping that particular diagnosis is wrong..) and he is 22 months old....

Kennels won;t talk to me and the authorities are not interested - and that includes the RSPCA.... I am distraught still.....

On the bright side he hasn;t lost his bounce....

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Oh my goodness Eve, now THAT'S horrendous!

Going to have a good read about it now.

Hmmm sorry for hi-jacking the thread Leanne :? :? :D

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Leanne, you're back! Hope you had a great hols.

I'll have to say no to Sunday, got to go to a wedding in the evening so should really keep the afternoon clear.

Dave, I was thinking about Jas's birthday walkies the other day and wondering if there were any plans.

Will keep an eye on what you all decide, we are free all weekend next week if anyone fancies catching up.

Jo, glad that Fudge is much better than he has been.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only back from one of my holidays :D :D :D off again on Monday :D Shall we do a shorter walk on Sunday then at Formby so Andy can join us? Have checked tide times high tide about 11am so a 1pm meet would be good - we can head over on to beach let dogs have a run/swim and then do a walk back through the woods?

Shirley i cant believe i missed the delamere thread - off to post on it now.

Jo I'm gutted that we will never ever see Fudge at a GT again :( but you will def have to arrange one around your way soon so that angel can play/flirt with 'her boys'. maybe Eve and Kate will be able to make that one x

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
I am really sorry - we aren;t going to make this Sunday after all..... though maybe thats best at the mo - Brambles not allowed off lead at the moment - and those of you who have seen him at GT's - can you imagine what that would be like??? 8O 8O 8O

Hopefully he will be at the next GT - all systems go!!

Hope you all have a lovely time....

Jo - am sending lots of wishes that Fudge has a better recovery than you fear - am just off to post on Brambles thread.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts