Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi There rubber_soul,

Great to have you join us - Welcome :D :D

I bet you can't wait to get your lab...you must be sooooo excited! Have you decided on a name yet? Is it a boy or a girl you are getting? Which colour lab?

If you have never had a lab before, i can tell you that they are gorgeous companions to have, and he/she will make you so happy!

I look forward to chatting to you again, let us know how next friday goes... :wink:

Bradleysmum 8)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I'm very excited!
We are part of the guide dog scheme, and we are having a brood bitch, black lab, called Yasmin.
My mum has joined the forum too (yasminsmum is her nick).

We have never had a lab before, but are looking forward to getting her and also looking after the puppies, when she eventually has them! :D

Are you aware of the guide dog scheme on here?

(btw, my names Jess)

:D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Oh I'm very excited!
We are part of the guide dog scheme, and we are having a brood bitch, black lab, called Yasmin.
My mum has joined the forum too (yasminsmum is her nick).

We have never had a lab before, but are looking forward to getting her and also looking after the puppies, when she eventually has them!

Are you aware of the guide dog scheme on here?

(btw, my names Jess)

Hi Jess,

I have heard of the guide dog scheme yes, a very worthwhile scheme, trust our labradors to be such good and reliable pets hey. Are you getting a labrador to have as a guide dog, or do you help in the training? Would be great to learn more if you have any more info :wink:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me and my mum will be the training side of things i guess. Basically they like the bitches (if they don't become guide dogs) to live a normal life, ie in a house with a family or person, rather than kept in kennels.
We look after her like a normal pet, except she goes away once she's in season to get inpregnanted and she's away for a week. We get her back and the puppies are born in the house and we look after the puppies till they are 8 weeks old. The puppies are then taken away to be trained up!

It's a really excellent scheme i think, which can be rewarding.
I'll see if they have a website for you. They are desperate for people to have the brooding bitches, so maybe a link on here would be great!

I'll see what i can find! ::D

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Welcome again Jess, a very worthwhile scheme indeed.

I have approved your TopSites addition, I have also added a link in our links section, and also emailed guidedogs.org.uk asking if they will link back to us also :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts