Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here.

Not sure if anyone can help I'm just after some advice really..
I have a one year old lab daisy, who was bought for me by my mum, she recently passed away a couple of months ago. Daisy always saw her as her mummy and me as a play mate, since my mum's passing Daisy's had a few separation issues and become more needy, she came into season a few weeks ago so I'm unsure whether she is acting that way because of her season or whether it has something to do with grief. She's always been an overly affectionate dog but recently she will always keep an eye on me,sit next to me or on me! she will follow me whenever I leave the room like she's scared of missing something. Is there anything I can do to help her or is it natural?

any advice would be great :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your Mum

I do believe that grief does affect dogs, and she will be picking up how you are feeling too. However what you describe is how Minnie was during her one and only season. Very clingy and needy and hated being alone.

Set up good, clear, gentle leaving routines, and just practise being away even if just in a different room for a few minutes at a time.

Once the season is over you can start to establish a new normal.

Take care

Mandy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts