Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new puppy lab coming end of march 8 weeks old
Can u help make sure I do feeding right 4 times a day spread feed out but what do u all recomend to use so much food out there and any more info u can sure want to do the best for him thanks

·
Administrator
21,003 Posts
Feeding:- 5 times a day until 8 weeks old. (most pups will be 8 weeks old before you bring it home) 4 times a day until 12 weeks, 3 times a day until 6 months then 2 times a day. In the old days it was normal to drop to once a day at a year old, but these days most people continue feeding twice a day because it is easier on their digestive system.

As to brand of food, remember, no manufacturer would deliberately sell a food which would harm your dog. It's simply not in their interest to kill their consumer!!! But saying that, some foods are a better quality than others. Important, pick a food which is easily available in your area, though not as important today as it once was because many manufacturers will deliver. But first, find out what the breeder of your pup is using and get some of that to start with. There are enough of an upheaval in a pup's life, leaving all it has ever known, without having to cope with a different food!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have new puppy lab coming end of march 8 weeks old
Can u help make sure I do feeding right 4 times a day spread feed out but what do u all recommend to use so much food out there and any more info u can sure want to do the best for him thanks
First of all, it probably will be the best thing you are doing for yourself.
I have a 10 months pup and couple of things that I wish I knew before is
1. Make sure you teach him as much as you can in the first 6 months.
Crate training or alone time IS SOOOOO IMPORTANT. We didn't let him have alone time and now he has extreme separation anxiety and my boyfriend can't come too close me to because he gets really jealous.
2. we travel a lot and I only use Kebble and I add STELLA & CHEWY'S Stella's Super Beef Meal Mixers Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food Topper, 18-oz bag - Chewy.com to his food and he loves it, Keep in mind my dog is very picky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts