Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Our little fella came home saturday night. I have a couple questions.
1) when crate training and he wines and yelps when he realizes the door is closed. I've read that your not supposed to let him out until he stops wining...how long is an acceptable time when he's wining, it seems like he's not going to stop. Will he wine himself to sleep?
2) He's 7 weeks old. When he playes with his stuffed animals he "humps" alittle...is this normal? Should I be scolding him?
3) What is a good solution for a chemical that will breakdown the scent of urin and poo?

Thank you all for your help. Manford appreciates it as well!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard that when he wines and yelps it is because he needs to be exercised more. Does he wine and yelp when he is alone? How about when you are in the same room? One friend of mine had to leave the radio on, (Talk Radio Station) his puppy needed to hear someones voice to reassure him he was not alone, wierd right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there,

Lily used to cry for about 10-15 mins a night in her crate for about a week. We got her at 8 weeks old. I never went down to her (made sure she'd been outside before I put her in crate) so I knew it was an attention cry.It's really hard to just ignore him but if you respond and go to him he will learn that by crying he will get your attention. If you don't go to him he should just give up eventually!! Lily sleeps right through (11-7) now without a sound!

I still leave the cooker hood light on for her during the night though. It's important to get a routine going straight away and stick to it.

She's thirteen weeks now and know when it's bed time and gets into her crate as soon as I lock the back door. I say the same thing to her everynight and try not to vary the routine at all.

Lily also humps at her stuffed teddy, I don't think its anything to be concerned about. She only does it with her teddy and not with any of her other toys or with me or the children.

best of luck

Kazmat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts