Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked our new pup up on Friday, Shirley a 7 1/2 week old chocolate bitch after loosing Dizzy, our much loved 10 year old Black bitch a couple of months ago to cancer.
She is such a cutie but so full of energy that she needs to get rid of. She has decided that one of her favourite toys is Tommy our 8 year old Yellow dog and loves to sneak up on him and attack his tail.
At first he didn't know what to do and would run off out of the way scared of this ferocious beast that had invaded his space, but after only 2 days he has now started to play with her and they are building up a good bond with each other knowing just how far that they can push it without going too far.
:lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m sorry to hear about Dizzy, Shirley sounds like a bundle of fun, young pups can get over exuberant with an older dog which sometimes needs human intervention, so if you think she`s getting over excited playing with Tommy just pop her in her crate (if she has one) for a little while so she calms down and Tommy gets a bit of piece.

Its usually when they get over tired that they get silly so when Shirley is removed you`ll probably find she goes to sleep :D

Welcopme to LF btw and we`d love to see some pics of Shirley and Tommy :D

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
It must be fabulous to watch your 2 'pups' bond together!!! I love the image of tail jumping!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have a similar problem with Reuben (who is now 7 months old), he feels that when he is running out on walks that it is acceptable to chew and bit Annie (aged 4 years) on the face and shoulder.

This has now resulted in her getting Hot Spots on both her face and shoulder. It tends to be just when he is running, so think it is down to him getting over excited.

Just wish she would tell him off. So I am having to intervene with them. I do generally try to leave it to the dogs to sort out between themselves.

Henry (aged 5 years) who is normally a dog that wont take any nonsense from other dogs is putting up with a lot from Reuben, but think it will get to a stage that enough is enough.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Splodge tries to eat shadow on a regular basis. He's just on the borders of being told once and for all to stop but for now, poor Shadow gets lip peircing most days. I was told here not that long ago that the best thing to put a pup in its place is an adult dog but they probably won't do it until they're about 6 months old.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
We did find that as Skittle got bigger Mambo started to tell her off! Instead of chewing mambo now Skits just washes her ears (and that of the cat if he stays still for long enough!!)

Marianne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts