Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now while i'm happy that Molly enjoys meeting new people and visitors to the house, she goes completely loopy!.
some friends came round the other evening who had never met MOlly before, she went crazy!...jumping up and licking them in the face (and I mean jumping, not just front feet on you)
sprinting around the house, spinning like a dervish on the sofa, panting, and grunting...all was a bit daft!.
We eventually popped her in her crate for 5mins which calmed her down,

But she does tend to go over the top if people give her attention while we're out for walks as well....I'm always sure to warn them that Molly will jump up and lick them to death!..

We have tried to train out the jumping up, she isn't greeted when I/we arrive home until she has sat down in front of us (harder than it seems!)

just some help needed really!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I know exactly what you mean! Corbie is the same. The problem I have is that I tell people how to treat Corbie when they come in, the commands to use and to ignore him if he starts playing rough, but they never do it and end up trying to stop him nipping them when he starts getting hyper instead of them backing off when he will usually stop :(

On walks he thinks that everyone is there to speak to him! He loves the attention :lol: Luckily its usually dog walkers we meet anyway so everyone stops to give him attention :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
oh geez yes i know how you feel on this one..lol

my father has a bad back and rosze always insists on jumping up at him so if anyone is going to call for a visit i make them phone in advance and when they knock roszes lead is slipped on she can still greet them but when she goes to jump up a quick tug on the lead and a shout of DOWN seems to help

also i know what you mean karen you tell them to ignore her or tell them to shout down but they just gooo awwwww puppy and make a huge fuss so that doesnt help..lol..

but try with the lead in the house it seems to be working for me as for outside i havent managed the down one yet as im always to late ..lol. unless she is on the lead then i can say down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts