Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I am a new lab owner. Day 3 to be exact. A blonde 9 week old lab. The people I got her from already named her Marley - and its kind-of stuck.

She was used to the country life of roaming free - but has adjusted to the city house life pretty well. I think air conditioning is a big plus. :)

I would like to start lease training her. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rachelle

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Hi Rachelle and welcome to you and Marley to Lf :D

Do you have any pictures you can share :D

PS labs only come in yellow, chocolate and black :wink: :lol:

G

·
Hi and welcome to LF!

I have Rueben (a black lab who is just over 6 months) so I'm no expert, but as far as the lead training goes, with Rueben I put the lead on him the day after he came home and walked him around the garden. We did this until he was allowed out for real! I was so worried he was going to pull my arm off (he's a strong chappy!) but once he got out the gate he was so interested in the new sights and smells he wasn't bothered by the lead at all!!

Hope to see some pics of your pupster soon!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard!

LF can become addictive... this is the umpteenth time I've logged on today!!

Check out the puppy section - loads on info' in there about lead training and other things.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
MarsMom said:
LOL well okay I have a yellow lab - thanks for the info!!
Sorry, I was not having a go at all, my Cori is almost blonde, but in fact she is just very light yellow :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF, firstly has Marley had her jabs yet?, she can`t go out and about til at least a week after the second one (vets vary on this, some say 10 days), in the meantime as Anita says you can put a lead on her and walk her around the garden, be encouraging but don`t force her to walk if she pulls back, she may well do this to begin because the lead is something new, she needs to get used to it :)

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
hi and welcome, i like the idea of a blonde lab, especially as she is a female, somehow fits the general discription of blondes :wink: :wink:

sheila and zak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts