Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is cristina, i have a yellow labrador called benson, ben for short. He is 6 months old and a very laid back fellow. I have managed to put a few photo's of him in the yellow lab section. Yes he is wearing a jumper but not for fashion reasons, he recently had surgery on his front right leg and the bandage kept falling off so the vet suggested a t-shirt!!! Why not take a look and see for yourselfs, he seems to like it!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Aww, Benson looks lovely in his top there :) Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

One of my parents' dogs had a bad toe once and I put a sock on him instead of the huge plastic collar the vet tried to make him wear!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome karen,

Benson also had one of the plastic collars only he soon worked out that if you get your teeth in the join and chew you can get it undone and run around with a large piece of plastic flapping around your head looking pleased with yourself :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chris,

Benson was diagnosed with OCD of the right elbow, and had to have keyhole surgery to remove some cartilage. that was over 2 weeks ago now and he has had his stitches out and is now in the recovery period! He is ment to be resting, but that is easier said than done with a 6 month old pup! (we are trying!). Everything has gone well so far so he should make a full recovery and be out on the beaches of the Isle of Wight in about another 4 weeks.(hopefully). :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Do hope he will soon be better. Have you got a crate,??? I know it seems hard, but sometimes one needs to be really careful and a crate is an ideal solution. All the best Meg

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Yes i have a crate but he can only be in that for 3hrs at a time, also that seems to make it worse as when he does get out ben being loopy lab has a mad moment of charging around the house!!! :blob3: But he is getting better each day and it's different to a flesh opp as they had to scrape out the joint, sounds painfull i know! So it takes alot longer to mend. (they class it as major surgery).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts