Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I have a 6 month old black girl pup who is simply wonderful in every way - just sorry we didn't decide to have a dog years ago. However, there is one thing my husband and I are a little concerned about. Although she is fine during exercise, either walking or running, when she has been asleep for a while (especially in the lounge at night!) she seems really stiff and struggles when she tries to get up. Is this normal in such a young pup - I would expect it of an older dog. We have a very large kitchen which has a tiled floor and sometimes during her 'mad half an hour' she slips and slides all over the place, banging into units etc. We have always been careful not to over exercise her but she has a free run of the garden which is half an acre. Should we be being more careful with her?
I look forward to hearing your advice. :? :roll:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

I can't answer your query myself regarding your pup's stiff joints, but hopefully someone will be able to give you some advice.

We got our first lab Corbie recently and I love having a dog about the house. My parents have always had dogs, so it's nice to have my own now :D He's just turned 4 months old, so losing his teeth, but he is a little angel... sometimes :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p - thanks for saying Hi - we had a dog at home when I was a kid and it was wonderful, I really wanted my children to grow up with a dog as well, I think it does them good. My children are a bit older now and so it is a lot easier - if I had toddlers a puppy would have been hard work! :roll:
Your Lab Corbie looks lovely (but aren't they all?). Lucy is still losing teeth - think she swallows them sometimes. She certainly does keep me company around the house when everyones at school - I can legitimately talk to myself now!! :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I know what you mean about talking to yourself - I work from home, so now Corbie has to put up with my conversation ... at least it's not quite all one-way anymore, and he does voice his opinions occasionally :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts