1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking for a new dog bed for my 6 year old lab
I've read loads and still can't decide
I like the look of the Chester and Wells Oxford 2 as it doesn't just look like a dog bed but also looks like furniture.
Have also read good reviews for Tuffie beds
Also like the look of Orvis Bolster beds as I think he'd like a bed with sides as he likes to rest his head
Anyone got the above beds and if so what do you think of them?

C

·
0 Posts
I love the Orvis beds but refuse to pay that much for a dog bed!
Willow has a Zippy bed, we were really impressed with the quality and how padded it was when It arrived. Willow seems to like it and sleeps well in it.

She only got it in November so I cant comment on how well it will last but I know other members have them.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Mine have zippy beds. Love them and some are several years old and still as good as new. Only thing I've recently done is buy an offcut of memory foam to replace a layer of foam on the base.
U can get all sort of finishes but we have the wipe clean ones.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cooper has a tuffie bed in the kitchen as his 'day' bed and a softer one with sides in my bedroom for the night. He used to chew beds so that one is a cheap one that I bought in a sale, so I don't know the brand. Strangely he has only chewed one bit which I've sown back up, but hasn't touched it since!

I'm thinking of getting the Orvis chewproof bed for his 1st birthday in March :D

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
We have a tuffie, the same as Mags. We've had it for a long time and it's as good as new. We also have zippy beds, which Lil prefers because she can rest her head on the side. These also wear well. Neither of my dogs are chewers, though.

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies

I've ordered him a Tuffie with Vet Bed cover; just so its a bit more comfy for him
Hope he loves his new bed
:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think you will be pleased with your Tuffie bed. I've got a giant nest from Tuffie and a cover from them with a cushion inset pad that slips over a regular plastic dog bed. Bizarrely my two squeeze in the smaller bed together and snuggle up more than they lay in the nest. That's probably more due to the fact that the nest is very large so its in the corner further away from where we sit on the sofa though. I've always preferred to buy cheap beds and replace them regularly in the past so these beds are the only beds I've ever kept for any length of time, I've had them around a year and I'm very pleased with how they wash etc.

Amanda

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hope the new bed and cover are okay.

You mention vet bed fleece - Am I correct in assuming this is the cover marketed as the "fluffie tuffie" ?

Which bed did you order - the wipe clean or the woven mattress ?

What size option did you go for ?

Apologies for the questions but last day or so I have been a bit of a dog bed anorak so to speak.

I came to conclusion 110x68 tuffies wipe clean matress with fluffie tuffie cover would probably be my choice....In black of course. The Light fleece supposedly leaves more fluff deposits though quicker to wash and dry, the luxury one looks great but allegedly a bit of a struggle to get on and off. The twill cover by design lacks pile relative to the fleece covers but probably a good summer option perhaps. The wicking cover whilst not fluffy is probably ideal on a practical level such as when a wet worker is frequently in and out the back of a vehicle.

Like some others - I would struggle to justify purchase cost of the Ovis beds.

In any case recent and impending expenditure means that for now he will have to remain happy on comfy duvets and/or the settee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Coaster

I went for the wipe clean Tuffie with the Fluffie Tuffie cover and the 110 x 68 size so he has room to stretch; don't have room for the next size up anyway

And I know what you mean about being an anorak; I have looked at so many beds!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think you have bought very wisely.......exactly where I'd put my money if sourcing a new bed or bed & cover.

Please let us know how you get on......Fwiw if you don't know - I understand it may be beneficial to compress it a little to get air out & before initial use.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Taken the plunge and just ordered a Woven Tuffies Dog Bed 110x68 in black plus the Light Fleecy cover also in black.

I decided on this cover as we want a cover that when used will allow quick and easy off/on for washing and lightweight for drying.

The Fluffie Tuffie with vet bed type material was a real consideration but they don't sell those in plain black !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts