Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My lab Toby is 9 months old and is due to be neutered next Friday, unfortunatly he has a retained testicle so it is obviously a more serious operation. Was just wondering if anyone else had had experience of this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Ness,

Welcome to Laforums.

I haven't had any experience of this, but can understand you are probably a little worried about Toby's op next Friday.

We have had a couple of labs recently on the board who have been neutered and their owners have also been worried....i appreciate surgery may be more involved in Toby's case, and would just like you to know that we will be thinking of you.

Has your vet spoken to you clearly about the op...what have they advised you?

Maybe someone else will have experience of this, i hope you find some answers soon.

All the best,

Julie

I have included a bit of info for our members on what a 'retained testicle' is.

Dog has retained testicles - what does this mean?

During fetal development or shortly after birth, the testicles will descend into the scrotal sac. In some dogs, likely due to a genetic predisposition, the testicles may not descend into the scrotal sac. These dogs are known as either unilateral (one testicle) or bilateral (both testicles) cryptorchids.

The testicle may be retained in the abdomen or anywhere between the abdominal cavity and the external sac. Retained testicles do not usually produce sperm, but they will produce hormones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts