Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel a couple of people have some great news for us ;-)

I myself have had a really quiet weekend whilst Allan trudges about training and testing the young Fish-miester.

It was a toe dipper for us, just a benchmark test to see where he is. So pleased to hear by 'the man on the road home' that he got 19, 17, 17, 18, 5 and 0. Bless the '5' and the '0'. Both were jumps (one mark and one blind I *think*) and in accordance to Herr Di's wishes, he hasn't ever jumped so much as a fallen log yet before his hips are scored in a couple of weeks time ;-) So he was utterly baffled ;-)

Anyway looking forward to reports from a couple of others someones with brown and wavy coated dogs respectively ;-)

Di

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well done fishy. My god that's a good set of scores for a 11month or so old dog who has never jumped! Allan and fish are a bit talented I think. I'm SO impressed :wink: :D Is Allan thrilled?

As for other unreleased news........
:D :D :D :D :D
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Wavy and brown dogs. Woo Hoo 8) :thumbright:
I've been waiting for this all day and some!!!!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helen all I can say is thank god we live down south and have NDNH tests to utilise to give an overview of weakness and strength. Training can lull one into a false sense of security ;-) Well sadly MY boys won't have the NDNH luxury, but its great Fish has for a while.

Thanks for that and both have decent trips back so I would imagine tomorrow will be 'report time'!

Di

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yay well done Fishy fishter!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Oh yeah and Al!! Bet he's glad its over!

I'm guessing the other results are quite good ones and well deserved too by the 'dogs that shall not be named yet'!!!

Thanks Di

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Di... i'll work your boys if you like, Neph pup Tom and Bondy would love it i'm sure... Auntie Trina can work Tom and Uncle Jez can work Bondy....... Simples!!!

Honest.. we can!!! :wink:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But they are GUNdogs not FUNdogs... and you might forget ... ;-)

But I'll bear it in mind with my 'into the deep end' lads. Luckily both will have a good few months in Puppy tests next year to make up for it.... ;-)

D x

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
My husband wants to know if you gave us the 'duff dog' of the litter Di :evil: Excuse me whilst I go and poke his eyes out now!

Seriously chuffed for Allan and Fish and also for those who have not been named, yet (but know who they are), seriously chuffed indeed :D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey hey tell him its a 'good but could be better' result! Nothing to wave flags about for ;-) I know I sound heartless there ;-) Fish is just a moderately mature puppy and this is also partly because having ut Allans OTHER dog out of Novice this summer he has sat at home twiddling his thumbs a LOT more than he planned to ;-)

(Whistles and looks at the sky....)
Di

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well done Allan and Fish :D

I know one lot of good news - well done, but not the other so will look forward to hearing all the details. :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Well done to Al and fish :D

i have told owner of certain brown dog that a report is NEEDED and even DEMANDED tonight :wink:

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Huge well done to dear Fishy fish ..............Al must be over the moon :D

Hope the certain braawn owner doesn't take too long to post :lol:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Wow!

That was the HARDEST NDNH test I have ever done! (ok, only done a few, but still! 8O )

HUGE HUGE HUGE WELL DONE TO ANDY! :wink: I predicted 'something' in a pm to him, and am so so chuffed for them!! I am now going to open Suzy the future telling line.. (I would have used the word physic if I was 100% sure on spelling! :lol: )

Ok..

Test 1 (of what was going to be 7!)

LONG mark up a hill, falling out of sight over the brow.
Shot and dummy thrown, a few dogs previous had emptied both bladder and bowels along the way, so we were all frantically walking our dogs round demanding they went to the loo NOW!!! Chester didn't mark very well, and veered to the left, but once up there winded it on the curve and delivered to my invisible friend to the left of me :wink: We scored 18

Test 2

Double mark and blind over a jump up a hill into cover (quite a distance!)
Well, we haven't done any work with jumps for AGES, and I just KNEW I would struggle to get him over this first time, and I did, he ran up and down, ignoring me yelling GETOVER, several times (bless :evil: ) eventually I got him over, and he ran up the hill and he hunted for a few seconds before picking and returning. Then send back for the blind, jumped straight away (why couldn't he do that the first time :roll: ) he hunted a little, then left the area, at this point my dog was a black spot on a hill :( I recalled him to the area, and he hunted well, and eventually picked and returned. It was quite a large area of cover, and we were not told where the blind was, so it was quite testing for a dog that has never been a good hunting dog! We scored 14

Test 3

Mark over a fence
Straight forward shot and mark onto short grass, whistle wasn't in my mouth (why should it be? straight forward mark I say to myself) He jumps, picks mark, stands for a second looking at dummy thrower, whistle shoved into my mouth breaking 3 teeth... PIP PIP! Oh ok he says, returns and delivers nicely. We score 16

Test 4

Long mark thrown over a fence towards us, so no jumping this time :D He flies out, hunts for a second or two, then looks at the dummy thrower (whistle in mouth this time) PIP BLEEPING PIP.. returns and delivers nicely. We score 19

Test 5

Goodness
Blind. First part was heelwork from a to b, shot, then open and heel through gate, then send to blind down into the woods at the end. Options options options... escape route to the left and to the right.. small margin for error! All ok, send for blind, needed a little handling, but did as asked, returned and delivered nicely. We scored 20

Test 6
Not sure whether to call this a blind or mark onto water, as hard to mark due to cover/trees. Heelwork down a path at the top of a bank next to lake, 1 shot let off, dog to sit, heelwork again, another shot, dog to sit, then dummy thrown onto water (dog can't see its fall/land) heelwork again down to the bank, then send dog. All fine, deliveres nicely. We score 20

Test 7, WAS going to be a walk up, but sadly :wink: they decided it wasn't needed I think :D :D

So, all in all 107/120, and we got OUR FIRST EVER AWARD!!! Woooo I have to say, I really wasn't expecting it, as I made some mistakes today, but I swear I had a tear in my eye when I heard us being called, I was so so happy! :cry: :)

We were the only ones to receive CoM, so does that make us special? :lol: :wink:

We received some really nice comments from the judges, and I had a lovely day.

A special well done to fish aswell, he was brilliant besides the jumps, which he hasn't done before, so well done Al!! and Fish!

Really good day, lovely food, well organised!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
blimey,, you lot aint half demanding.

am ever so slightly tuckered out,,pretty much a 12 hour day and close on 200 miles.. now thats dedication for ya,, or stupidity,, not sure which.

Ok,, so i'll give ya run down first,, no cheating and scrolling down !!!!!

test 1, mark with shot up hill. guess distance was in region of 100 ish yards ????
dummy wasn't thrown overly high, but nice and straight forward.

Alf wandered left a little as he got close to the top of the hill, but winded it nicely,

score 20

test 2, 100 yard ish again mark with shot,, 30 yards in front of dog is a fairly low jump but largly covered in i think it was blackberry bushes.
then beyond the fence, a patch of long grass.. then mown grass and finally another patch and am taking sort of garden size patch of grass.. this is where the mark went... blind was also in the same 2nd patch of longer grass.
mark first,, then blind.

daft dog goes over jump a bit tentative,, and finds mark nicely,, on way back, he decides the small jump is far to scarey,, so comes around the side of the fence to a muchc larger 5 bar gate,, after much trying to pip him back,,, a failed attempt at getting over the 5 bar,, doh !!! some crying because dad wont go and open the big gate,, he creeps under some fencing to the side of the 5 bar.
all of which he held the dummy,, so we still had a chance...
the blind was straight forward,, took stop nicely and after creeping under the fence again rather than jumping the tiny little thing,, he's done.

maybe somewhat generous,, 15 scored

test 3, very short mark over fence,, higher than the previous one.
perfect job
20 scored

test 4.
long mark with shot down a fenceline.
perfect job
20 scored

test 5
this was a interesting test,, really good fun.
heal work between 2 posts,,, shot when you get to 2nd post... then you turn 90 degree's and walk through a gate,, where the gun is stood.
gun says there is a dummy only 30 yards or so away.
so blind,, but its a little tricky,,, there are 2 paths at the end of the path sort of area,,, the dummy is in the enterance to the right one,, maybe a few feet down it.
perfect job

test 6,
heal work down a track within some tree's, small pond to the right,, shot as dog reaches gun,,,,, then more healwork,,, 2nd shot and dummy thrown on water.

his heal was rubbish after the shot,, one of several times where alfie drive hurt us,,,,
score 16

i am still quite stunned,
we came 3rd !!!!!!!

Massive congrats too go to the fishy one and Al,
and also the curly one and Suz,,
very apt after recent pm's that we both ended up with something to take home,,,, well done to all,

was a fab day,,,,,

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
YAY Suzy :D :D :D :D :D

That is BRILLIANT news. You really deserved to be in the Awards. Am quite possibly very thrilled for you!

What a lovely end to the WT season for you and Chester.

PS. are you sure it wasn't a NOVICE test? 8O :lol:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Just seen your post above mine Andy. That is wicked! :D Really made up for you. Wonderful, just wonderful. :D :D :D

*checks diary to see if any Novice tests left for you both to enter*

Ooo I've come over all teary now. Must dash and sort myself out! 8O

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
barney2007 said:
YAY Suzy :D :D :D :D :D

That is BRILLIANT news. You really deserved to be in the Awards. Am quite possibly very thrilled for you!

What a lovely end to the WT season for you and Chester.

PS. are you sure it wasn't a NOVICE test? 8O :lol:
It was pretty tough compared to the other ndnh's, so was quite suprised, had to double check the running order to make sure it was a ndnh and not a novice! :lol:

Not the end for us just yet! We have our last test Sunday 20th!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Wooooohoooooooo!!! Flippin' brilliant :D

Very well done to the brown one and the curly one, and the Fishy fish fish too.

WTG!

I so love reading these write ups :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts