Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although Poppy is in my heart and always will be we will be getting another puppy on 9th July. Onviously i am stuck on names because i always saw every lab as a poppydog so its very difficult for me here.

We like Kimber and Amber but would like an unusual name being goths but obviously one we can shout on a field.

Any ideas. We have searched a few link on websites but so far no luck.

Love Hazel

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Hazel.........

Lurve Kimber, that's really nice....

er.............don't know much about the Goth bit ...sorry... :oops: but what about Karma ( or have I put my foot in it? 8O )

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi hazel
so pleased to hear about your new pup. i think you have made the right decision. how old will the pup be and what colour.
i know poppy will be thrilled for you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pup was born on 14th May and willbe 8 weeks on the day we get her so it'll be straight to the vet when we get home for her first injection.

Shes a yellow. I have a picture of the litter but cant work out how to add the attachment, i have tried but im not great with computers will try again.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
So glad you are getting another dog..Kimber is nice so is Amber but as you say not particularly original. I like Saffron, Good Luck Regards Meg

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ahhhh Congratulations on your new pup :D

I bet you can wait untill you can pick her up..lol Back to the beginning again for you, I'm sure you wil remember most of it :wink:

I like the name Amber. :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Here are some goth names I have found on the net...
Agatha
Allegra
Amora
Annabelle
Araminta
Anastasia
Aurora
Autumn
Belphoebe
Cornelia/Cordelia
Dragana
Danica
Danya
Dubrava
Electra
Evangeline
Ember
Garnet
Hazel
Isis
Jade
Minerva
Nightshade
Nerolia
Natasha
Narcissa
Ophelia
Portia
Poe
Ravenna
Rowena
Roxana
Sabra
Saffron
Jezebel (heh)
Siouxsie
Luna
Moon
Haven
Lilith
Lycia
Elise
Sonnet
Winter
Eris
Isis
Rain
Sage
Ophelia
Ivy
Poe
Eden
Bijou
Aria
Phaedra (fire)
Leila
Aura

Just a few..lol :wink:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
OOh, before I read Christinas list I liked Amber - but then I noticed Luna, which in Greek means 'Godess of the Moon' I think that sounds so lovely........ :D

Am pleased to hear you are getting a new pup though - cant wait to see the photos! :D

Sarah

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck with the new pup, i like Kimber.

Our new puppy will be with us in a few weeks, oddly enought she'll be called amber :D

If you want i can hoist the pic's for you, if you want to e-mail them to me :wink:

Ad.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Hazel

I'm glad you are getting a puppy, I know she won't replace Poppy but will help fill the gap she has left. Kimber is a lovely name,bet you can't wait.

Hope you get a pic sorted soon,it will be nice to see her.

Kev

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Hazel

again, congrats on the new addition. Poppy would be very pleased :)

Hope you're doing well. I know this is a difficult time for you, but at least 'Luna' will keep your mind active for a while (to say the least). Just think, you can tell her all about brave Poppy when she arrives :)

I look forward to seeing some more pics, and also, do let us know what her pedigree name will be if she has one!!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
LOL...LUNA is a moon too..LOL

Called Luna by the Romans, Selene and Artemis by the Greeks, and many other names in other mythologies.

Maybe thats what you were thinking of sarah :wink:

·
Registered
880 Posts
i wouldnt worry, I did ancient classical literature at a level, the basic rule is anything that sounds like a space related name is roman, hence mars, in my opinion anything greek is far better than anything roman, i had to study the illiad and it was so very tedious!
Anna

·
Premium Member
8,846 Posts
I watch Nip/Tuck (yes I know that's sad) and Kimber would always remind me of the bottle blond who's a bit of a floozy (putting it mildly!) Lets hope your new baby doesn't inherit those floozy traits! :lol: :lol:

In case you're really stuck here's a site I found with 17433 dogs names on it! (All French pedigree dogs born in 2005 for example have to have a regisered neme beginning with "A", 2006 "B" etc)

http://www.dogstory.net/dog_name.htm

1 - 20 of 38 Posts