Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my husband and i are getting a chocolate lab boy in a few weeks but are really stuck on a name. We want something original without sounding silly calling him!! Any ideas/suggestions and what are your labs called?? Thanks :?

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Our choc lab is called Corbie.

We wanted something different and not based on his colour, so went for that ... the reason? Well, Corbie is short for Corbett which is what mountains graded between 2500ft and 3000ft in Scotland are called and we're keen hill walkers so that's how we came to his name! (which we chose about 9 months before finding him!)

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi, hope you have fun choosing a name!

Our task was made easier as Shadow's KC name is Ebony Shadow Leader! And he certainly has proved to be my Shadow!!! :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
We know all about trying to be different - in a round a bout kinda way. Our lab (girl) is called Milo - which we've since discovered is a popular boys name for a dog. The reason we settled on Milo was simply because back home (Im from South Africa and Scottys from New Zealand) - we have a hot chocolate energy drink called Milo. Makes sense.

Its causing so much confusion on the girl vs boy front though but we're sticking to our guns. I have however considered making it Mylo rather than Milo in an attempt to make it mor "girlie" ;-)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
This is not particularly original but Topic for a male and Wispa for bitch :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Eahxc02

Welcome to our wonderful community of lab lovers. :D

A few more name suggestions for you:

Woody
Co Co
Cookie

Our lab is called Bradley - have always liked the name....and can always be changed to 'bad'ley!!!!

Have fun!

Julie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all.

Our boy is called Ozzy after Ozzy Osbourne, one of my favourites. We are moving soon and when we do we will be getting another dog and calling him Axl.(As in Axl Rose from Guns and Roses). We also plan to have more in the future and they will be called Floyd and Hendrix to follow the theme.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Hi Thanks, for everyone's suggestions, we are going see the pups on Sunday so may have more of an idea then but i will let you all know what name we choose!

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hiya

can you not pick his name when you get him home and see what he is like then a name might just spring to mind that suits him just great :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like the names Donner and Blitzen. German for thunder and lightening but I can't get the reindeers out of my head when I think of the names

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hello Milo!!

That's exactly why I named my black boy Milo. My parents are from Mauritius and they have the same drink there!

In my puppy class there was a chocolate lab called Milo too. But they named it after the greek God of strength (or so they told me as I've never heard of this).

My brother-in-law has a dog named Tai which is quite nice. I'm sure you'll get a name for your chocolate lab - you'll suddenly find something which suits it down to the ground.

Col x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I thought the greek god of strength was Mars?? Just so happens I've got one on the desk in front of me, thought I'd treat myself :lol: Corbie was trying to get it, so maybe I should've called him Mars?!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My breeder David said that he hated it when he had spent all that time & effort to produce perfect chocolate puppies and someone came to buy one and wanted to call it Cadbury or Bournville or some chocolate orientated name.
I had to promise to chose a sensible name for Ollie, I confess I was going to call him Button until David told me that.
I don't think it matters too much so long as the name suits your dogs personality and you don't mind shouting it out in the park.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yes that's what I thought - a bit odd about the Milo thing. I just looked it up and apparently the literal translation is soldier. Who knows?? I know he's named after a drink!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello we have had the same dilemma before we arrived at Bruce.
So here are some of the others we thought of.
Enzo
Otis
Jet
Harvey
Bono
Winston
Hope they might give you some more ideas.

Robert & Eileen

·
Registered
880 Posts
mars was a roman god
milo isnt the name of any god to my knowledge, we had milo in malaysia too, ive seen it from time to time over here though. I think Telemachus is a great name for a boy if we're going into greek literature (which i did at A Level) he was oddyseus's son and features in the oddysey.
anna

·
Registered
85 Posts
we called our dog what we or should i say our daughter wanted rooney now we have learnt he has an awesome line of dogs before him as ancestors but remember he is your pet dont get hung up on his name call him sheeba if thats what you want

1 - 20 of 30 Posts