Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names please. We are getting a new pup prob. end of April. She is about a week old atm. Another black Lab. girl. Her mum belongs to a friend in our village, so we know the history and mum is gorgeous. Can't wait. But can't decide on a name, family don't agree. I have made a list as long as my arm (pretty long!) I like the name Flora[/B], our other dog is Tilly. If both names end in an 'ee' sound is that not confusing for recall etc?

Also any tips on introducing pups to our 3 year old, GORGEOUS girl? Sooooo wouldn't want to put her nose out, far too precious.

We live in a village full of black Labs., so most of the nice names have already been taken. There seem to be loads of fab boy names: love
Stan(ley), Monty, Alfie etc., but girl names ??? I agree with another member, you have to be able to sit in vet's waiting room and not cringe when 'you' are called in and also calling a dog in from garden........

I googled black Lab. names but nothing jumped out at me there either.

Ideas, suggestions most welcome. thanks. :?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Flora is a nice name!

Our neighbours had a black lab called Jet which I think is a nice name.
Other names I would call a girly black lab:

Colour related names:
Shadow (My OH's aunt has a horse called Shadow)
Sooty
Dusky

I also really like the name Sadie. Which is what I wanted to call Chewy! haha!

·
Premium Member
8,784 Posts
We've got a Betty (whose official name is Bluebird or Blue) and a Carys, both black! :D

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Girly names for black labs :?:

Jazz, Phoebe :wink: only kidding they're taken :wink:

Suzie ( that's taken too for my wee springy bitch) I only post this to upset les :lol:

How about Onyx??

Flora would be a fine name tho :D

Ps don't worry about "ee" ending names, Olly, Phoebe and Jazzie, all "ee" as you say, they know fine well what they're called.

I also like Poppy, cos I always call the dogs puppy and it sounds similar :D

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
No idea on a name, but don't worry about them confusing names ending in an eee sound. We have Daisy and Holly here. Our boy dog is Bryn, but is often calle Brynnie (Wynnie) by me and they all know who I'm calling.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I like Flora because I once new a wonderful lab girly named Flora :D

Don't worry too much about introducing your new baby to Tilly, she's having a new playmate and she won't be put out :D

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If I had a boy it would be Hector, a girl would be Kizzy, Verity, Clowance or Jemima.

Maybe you need to wait and see your little ones character.

Mandy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohhhhh Boogs, Tilly & Tatze (Tatty) I like that. Trouble is my OH has got to like the name too and some of the names he has come up with.....no way!! Tilly was my choice so is it his turn? I like Inka too.

I saw them (pups) on Friday, so wee. Hadn't opened eyes yet. Exciting!!!

Thanks again. X

·
Administrator
20,494 Posts
One day I'll have a Chloe, but she will be a blond (Yellow, just in case anyone thinks I support dodgy colours! :lol: )

John :wink:

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
We pick up our Girl on Easter Sunday and we are calling her Karma, took us ages to come up with names, we looked at planets, moons, goddessed and even precious stones, but we liked Karma

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Littlelab said:
We pick up our Girl on Easter Sunday and we are calling her Karma, took us ages to come up with names, we looked at planets, moons, goddessed and even precious stones, but we liked Karma
I had to laugh at this - I bet she will be anything but calm! :lol:

(lovely name all the same)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts