Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mystery dog killer toxin is again present in the New Forest, areas to avoid Brockenhurst, Burley, Fordingbridge,Dibden as reported in the local paper.Last years outbreak also occurred in the very wet conditions which are present now with longstanding ground water, so folks beware.
Rach

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I do hope they find the answer to this very soon. I often wonder if it's something to do with rotting oak leaves and acorns accumulating in small ponds/puddles and turning the water toxic, but I'm sure this theory will have been investigated. Sadly, last years acorn glut killed a record number of New Forest ponies and cattle.

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
This is now being called "Alabama Rot" and is on national news - - - hopefully the answer will be found.

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Is this the same as seasonal canine virus or is it something different? I don't remember lesions on the legs being mentioned before.

I hope they find out what causes it soon, it might save a few more dogs then.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
This seems to be different to SCI

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mystery Toxin + Alabama Rot

The outbreak of deadly toxin in the New Foerst and elsewhere seems to have been identified as the same as Alabama Rot which occured in the 1980's in USA but the cause remains unknown although has been compared to human haemolitic disease (dodgy spelling I think ) this causes renal failure ? linked to e-coli?
Rach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts