Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have made a website for Inca and which will track her life etc. Pictures are up from when we visited the breeder yesterday, thought you guys would like to have a look! :D

Inca's Life

Also, I welcome any advice in raising our puppy. She is a labrador, show lines, and we are going to crate train her. I need some help and advice on this as although we did have a dog before I was not involved much in his training as I was so young. I would also like to know what you think of whistle training. And anything else you think I would need to know :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi i also enjoyed your website, were also in the process of becoming proud owners of a black baby girl, we chose her yesterday or should i say she chose us :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF Jessica, firstly ask the breeder if they`d mind you taking something old of your such as a t shirt and putting it in with mum and pups (its best to do this nearer the time you pick Inca up so it isn`t covered in wee/poo :D ), this may help her settle into her crate at night, the scent will help her not feel so alone once she`s away from her siblings.

She will come to see her crate as her "den" somewhere she can go to get away from it all for a while, so make it a rule that when she`s in there she`s not disturbed unless of course she`s woken up and needs to be taken outside.

I imagine you mum and dad will help you a lot with training as they`ve done it with another dog in the past, if you have any qwuestions though please don`t hesitate to ask, responses are pretty quick here :D

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
what a lovely idea jess to track your new puppies life with a website of its own, i loved reading it and seeing the pics of the litter, incidently i think you made an excellant choice in colour, blacks are deffo the best :lol: :wink:

sheila and zak

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Gorgeous pics! I have to say good luck with the website - I started one for Gillie but found that once he was home there was no time for anything!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts