Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evolution? Evolution my butt!

Hey, I’m not saying that evolution doesn’t happen, just that it’s rubbish!

If someone came up with the idea now in some plush marketing office, they would be buried under an avalanche of rotten tomatoes.

For a start, it’s not much of a spectator sport, and even when it does happen, it’s pretty rubbishy.

Take my dog for example. Thousands of years of evolution from his wolfish origins, and what have we got? He looks cute and can balance a doggy chocolate drop on his nose.

They have wasted all their evolution opportunities because they prefer to sniff about, sleep and guzzle food down every chance they get.

If evolution was all it was cracked up to be, they would have grown an extra pair of arms. A dog that can run really fast, open his own tins of food, and more importantly shovel up his own poop! Now that’s what I’d call proper evolution.

And instead of all that woofing, they should learn to speak. Haven’t they noticed how useful it is for us humans?

I came down this morning only to find that my dog had eaten my trainers. I’ve been told that it’s only because he loves me! Grow those extra arms, learn to speak, and then go down the shops and get me a box of Milk Tray- then I’ll believe that he loves me!

While I’m on my rant…Shakespeare? Shakespeare my butt!

Hmmmmmmm...I think I've got too much time on my hands

John
www.marsupialelvis.com Shakespeare My Butt!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol: Very true!

Oh to be a dog - get to play, sleep, eat and have fun all day long ... who invented 'work' - we managed to survive thousands of years ago without having to work for a living?! :? So, looking at that evidence, maybe the dog has evolved better than us afterall (Corbie is lying on his back fast asleep on his doggy cushion while I'm working away...!) :D

I have to agree about the chocolate - how I would love a dog who goes to the shops and buys me a nice bar of dairy milk to say he was sorry for doing something he shouldn't (having said that, the fiance is pretty well trained if I drop enough hints!)! :lol:

I'm still enjoying your book! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol to the cat comment my cat called Monty NEVER does anything. He's lazy!
I think this is why I prefere dogs and can't wait to get my puppy! Atleast they're interesting!
Jess
xxx

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Goddy

Looks as though Monty has got it weighed off!

Someone once told me that the difference between cats and dogs was:

A dog thinks....

hey, these people I live with feed me, give me a home and give me toys to play with..They must be Gods!

A cat thinks...

hey, these people I live with feed me, give me a home and give me toys to play with... I must be a God!

John
www.masupialelvis.com :?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi all,

I alway thought that : :-k

The Dog longs to anything to please us and the cat does nothing except make us serve it! I think the cat has the right idea! :cat:

best wishes
cristina

1 - 8 of 8 Posts