Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously still going through the 'get to know each other phase' but I had to admit surprise last night as I found that our 7 week old pup likes Chilli. As I was cleaning up after dinner, found Lucca with his nose in the bin bag eating the left over Chilli - I was horrified at the thought of what this may do to his little tummy - and immediately removed the bag to the bin outside - Lucca however, was most disgruntled and continued to sniff around in the hope that he may find another little scrap and even licked the floor where the bag had been - YUCK! clever little chap that he is decided that there was no way he was going to be foiled and promptly climbed into the dishwasher which I was loading and started to lick the plates :roll:

I was therefore wondering what unusual food your labs like to eat?

Sarah
x

·
Registered
880 Posts
Labs like to eat anything, when richey was a similar age he ate a packet of dried noodles, and the flavoring and some of the packet. He used to climb in the dishwasher too, be careful though when i say they like anything i mean ANYTHING!
anna

S

·
0 Posts
Sarah

The first night I bought Corrie home (he was 7 months old) he helped himself to some of my currie that I had left from the bin!

I agree with Anna - they do eat ANYTHING. Corrie's list goes as far as tea towels, underwear :oops:, tissues as well as anything food wise but he is not kean on salad :lol:

Sam

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
LOL - Mine loves chilli too.
When he was about 6 months old, he had a bout of the runs. He was fine in himself, and I put it down to sampling the deer poo in the park. I decided to give him just rice for his evening meal, which worked out well as I was cooking a chilli anyway - just had to make a little extra rice.
Well - he wouldn't eat the rice :roll: (there's always a first). My daughter was out when we had dinner, so had left hers in the saucepan (cast iron with a lid on) on the cooker. When she went to get hers all that was left were a few kidney beans that must have kept rolling out of his reach - the rest of the saucepan was licked clean! 8O As we like our chilli hot, I thought this will either make things worse or kill off any bacteria causing the runs. :D I have to say, although I'd never recommend it - it certainly seemed to cure the runs - the next day he was back to normal :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
i cant say what brandy and rosze eat all i can say is what they dont like which is oranges thats it everything else they will eat..lol. hoovers they are :p :p

·
Registered
880 Posts
richey is a bit dubious on citrus fruit too, when he was a pup my mum had just got back from the supermarket when the phone rang when she'd got the last set of bags to the living room where richey was, she dropped the bag and went to answer the phone, halfway through the phonecall she heard richey barking at something, she interrupted the call to check on him only to find him in a play bow in front of a grapefruit, he'd rolled it out of the shopping back, sunk his teeth into it and it squirted him!
Anna

·
Registered
54 Posts
my scooby likes apples cheese and tomatoes which have accidently gone his way he will eat anything ikes to eat bees so have to watch him carefully when outside lettuce is the only thing he doesnt like there again neither do i he also likes dunked biscuits to say the least

chelle and scooby :D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
HI sarah....

Frodo eat a chilli once 8O it did scare me but lucilky nuthing happened to him....i'm now cautious while opening the fridge...He also loves peppers....I think its just the flavour he enjoys coz he just bites the peppers to small peices (does not eat)....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Strange but true... Sashy will eat lemons and oranges, but still cant get her head around tomatoes lol... i think its the texture but im not sure...

other than that, shes the mobile food incinerator!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Brad's favourite is cheese, as soon as he sees some his eyes light up! Saying that, he's not fussy - i haven't come across anything yet that he doesn't like to eat!! :lol:

He knows when it's our meal time, and sits by the fridge. He tries his best to get around my arm and peep to see what's inside everytime i open it!

Julie

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bailey likes to eat anything - like most labs!

His only dislikes so far are salt and vinger crisps (which he stole) and pate (which he also stole). :roll:

He adores weetabix and cheese. His fav snack is pigs ears which turn my stomach!

Oh and being in scotland - he loves black pudding and square sausage!

:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts