Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks because I've been so busy with my new puppy!! :D We had been looking for a lab - of course - but the price of the ones we would have like were well beyond our means (£800!) Anyway to cut a long story short we went to the caravan for a few days and came back with a 'springador' !! Her mum is a liver and white springer and dad a black lab, she looks like a little black lab with a white stripe on her chest. I still haven't worked out how to upload pics but I will try and get one on. Although she isn't a full lab I hope I still qualify to be a LF member!

Her name is Poppy and she is settling down well, although she is a little madam, I am sure Brad wasn't as mad as this one! She's learnt her name and can come when called, she is very food orientated so that bit was easy. We are having problems with housetraining though. She has caught on with poo's but not wee's. There is someone home most of the time and we are constantly taking her on the garden and praise her when she gets it right, ignore her when she gets it wrong. But she just wee's anywhere!

She has her second injection on tuesday so it won't be long before she can go little walks.

We'd forgotten what hard work a pup is, but so much joy as well. Jess has taken to her and they play together well, but Poppy can be a bit too intrusive when Jess has gone to bed in the evening and she ends up telling her off.

We keep calling her "Brad in a black coat" as she keeps doing things he used to do. Eg: running round with a plant pot over her head, wrecking the rockery, her favourite 'can't get me here den' on the garden is exactly where he used to go. She also has a 'Jesus complex' - she thinks she can walk on water and keeps trying to cross the pond. Fortunately we have a strong net over it.

I can hear her moving in her cage a bit now so I'd better go and get her on the garden - quick!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
She sounds like a right handful! Hurry up with the pictures :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Welcome Poppy. We want to see pics of you.... stop destroying the house and peeing all the time..... let your humans get a min to show us some pics :lol:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
There is a springador up at our local park and he's gorgeous. Would love to see pics of Poppy - congratulations on your new arrival

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uploading photo's is about as clear as mud - can anyone tell me in how to do it in very very simple terms??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tried to do img code - doesn't seem to work for me - but I'm not good at these things! done another link on a separate post

1 - 12 of 12 Posts