Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i,ve already got a 16 week old lab (black) female.. but have just got a very adorable sweet little one 10 weeks old called Harry.
Am so excited, but iam sure he will have alittle whine tonight, thankfully when i had bella she slept the first night and every night since and loves going into her crate with the door open (her little den).

need a bit of advise as thankfully bella doesnt do this, but he nips at your face and sometimes your hand and i was trying to make a sound like his mother would do but it dont do much any advise on this be gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
You'll probably find as they're so close in age that they'll teach each other bite inhibition, so just keep on with the "ouch" and it should stop being an issue relatively quickly.

You've got your work cut out there!! :D :wink:

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
OMG. Best of luck. Male and Girl. You really have to think about this. They are both so young. But in a few months. you will have pups

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
As said one or the other will need nuetering as soon as possible or find a way to keep them apart when the bitch comes into season.

You will also need to give them both time apart so you can train them seperately or you may find they bond with each other but not you.

As for the biting, try turning your back on him and totally ignoring him, hopefully that will teach him that if he nips he gets no attention.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
There are tons of posts about puppy biting in the puppy section if you take a look in there :flower:

As others have said, have you thought about what you are going to do to keep them apart when Bella comes into season? Or whether you are going to have one of them neutered before that happens? Please be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts