Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for reading.

I am a bit worried about my 3.5 months old lil guy, Bhairav, in meeting lab standards.

The standard says that the teeth should be aligned properly. But Bhairav's lower teeth are misaligned. I assumed.

Is it a genetic problem?
Could it be something that his teeth are damaged while growing by chewing bones,scratching walls?
How many times a lab's teeth are fallen out and grows again before becoming an adult?

How to fix this? Will try to attach some pics soon.

·
Administrator
20,738 Posts
OK, I've got to ask, how are they misaligned? Overshot, undershot, wry? There are so many faults that it's impossible to comment without knowing more.

Regards, John

·
Administrator
20,738 Posts
Arr, so it's not the alignment of the jaw, just the crocked teeth. Obviously if you were showing then it would be a fault, but for a pet dog he will never notice it. It will cause him no trouble at all. It's just that his teeth are a little big for the jaw, a bit over crowded.

Regards, John

·
Administrator
20,738 Posts
Just about everything is genetic. You can think of genes as the blueprint of the dog, it is everything the dog will be! OK, some things such as size and weight are also linked to diet, but such things as basic shape, length of tail, colour are completely genetic. Head shape and jaw size, which is where this problem arises is also genetic.

Regards, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts