Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my lab swallowed a bag of poo that someone left on the floor, i dont think she has passed it yet, and seems ok in herself,this was 15 days ago, has any one else had this problem as in a bit worried where it may be in her. Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
15 days!!! Eeek!

Tucker took almost 10 days to pass a small trainer sock. I got him checked by the vet and I was told to watch out for any signs of discomfort, diarrhoea, sickness, lack of appetite.....

Plastic bags can cause problems in their intestines as they can get twisted around... they tend to not show up on xrays unless they are causing a problem in the tubes or contain something that shows up a shape...it is good that she is ok in herself.

I guess it could have burst inside her, could've been a biodegradable bag working it's way through still, ... it may be that you may still be called upon to 'help' the bag exit her... have you had a vet examine her tum??

Hope she stays ok and the bag emerges soon so you can stop worrying!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. She was off her food for a couple of days but now back to normal thank goodness, i havnt taken her to the vet yet as she is petrified of them, i think it was when we had to leave her there once before bless her, she hasn't been sick and is still pooing,so touch wood she be ok thanks for your comment's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts