Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 9th if October 2013 we had to have our wonderful yellow lab ,Bailey pts.

He was 12 years old and in alot of pain,the vets said there was nothing else they could do and the kindest thing we could do was to put him to sleep.

We had the vet come to our house as Bailey had a real fear of the vets office and I wanted his last place to be at home.

I wanted so much to tell the vet no,I had changed my mind,but my Husband kept me strong.

Afterwards we spent some quiet time with our boy,and then we took him ourselves to a crematorium,we got to spend some more time with him in the chapel of rest.

After a few hours we were able to bring his ashes home.

I have cried everyday since then and have bad dreams every night.

I miss him so much,I feel empty and lost without my boy.

I don't know how to cope.

Thankyou for taking time to read this,any advice on coping would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
So sorry to hear this.

Sleep well beautiful boy.

I lost my lovely 15 year old Gavin in July. My only advice is to let the tears come and keep looking at his photos, remembering the good times. It does get easier, but the feelings of sadness return again and again. Be kind to yourself, let yourself grieve him.

:cry:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Bailey.
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on coping. I can only tell you I'm so very sorry that you are feeling this pain and that I've been where you are.
I felt I couldn't cope but I did. Take each day as it comes and just keep busy. Time is really the only healer, you won't forget but one day you will be able to remember without the deep pain and look back and smile. I love reading the forum because some of the stories you hear remind me of my old friends and a warm feeling engulfs me. I never thought that would happen.

·
Premium Member
11,592 Posts
Really sorry to hear about Bailey.The loss of a dog is one of the hardest to deal with.I do hope time will heal for you,and things will be a little better.

·
Registered
429 Posts
im so sorry to hear the sad sad new of your beloved bailey , as margaret and others says loosing a dog is one of the hardest things to deal with ,we lost our black lab last year and have never been right since ...its like everywhere you look theres labs ...i had to give in to my heart break in the end and adopt an oldie (lab) ,
try to remember he had an amazing life with you and he will be watching over you whilst he plays with his friends in lab heaven :cry:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Jesus I hate reading these

I always knew Judy meant the world to me but I didn't appreciate just how much until 4th January this year when the vets told me she had ED, my world crumbled!

I read your post with a lump in my throat and the odd salty tear in my eyes, so so sorry for your loss. Console yourself with the fact that there are so many people out there who've never known the love of a good dog and too many dogs who unfortunately don't get the love of a good owner. In your case the stars aligned

RIP lovely Bailey
:cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts