Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..My friend is here with me and she has a springer spaniel puppy (Cracker) who is 3 months old,who is quite happy to go for a number 2 outside,but always returns to the house to do his wee's on the paper,he just refuses to do them outside.
She would like to know if any of you could advise her on what she could do to get him to go outside for his number 1's aswell.

Thanks all (sorry not about a lab but i know that someone here can help)

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Have you tried letting some of the paper dry and the putting it in the garden for him to go on to begin with? As he is going to the toilet it should go through to the grass and he will be able to smell where he has been and go again without the paper.

Only thing I can think of, I am sure you will get more suggestions.
Hope he goes soon! :D

Cristina

·
Administrator
21,394 Posts
Same as Cristina only I would take a short cut and place a piece of wet (Preused? 8) ) paper out side.

Regards, John

·
Registered
9 Posts
At 3 months he is primed for learning. The minute he starts to wee take him outside and place him where you want him to go. If he does then reward him with lots of cuddles or treat. He will soon catch on even if it means a few accidents at first. Do take the paper away if poss as it reinforces the idea that it's okay to wee indoors. Also, take him outdoors once an hour during the day and place him on spot to reinforce the idea. Good luck with the boy.
Cav.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also do ensure that the wee indoors is thoroughly cleaned up with an odour-neutralising product like bio washing powder or Simple Solution - dog's nose can smell it when we can't and if there's any odour left it will encourage him to go again in the same place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts