Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday OH and I went up to Yorkshire to meet my Dad and go on his shoot.

It was a very hot and long day in the beating line but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. It was just a small shoot - bt like a family :)

Here are some pictures of the day:

Dad looking grumpy with Max

Max pulling a funny face :lol:

Trying to find some shade

The Beaters

The Guns

the site of The War of the Roses

Heading in after a long day

The OH looking the part with the flat cap :roll:
[

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
EXCELLENT photos. Thank you for posting. I am GREEN with envy. That looks a cracking, friendly Shoot. Lovely countryside to boot :wink: You couldn't not have a good day there could you?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so Helen - it really was FAB :D

One of the Guns drives up from London each week, so we're hoping to catch a lift and go again :wink:

OH had such a good time she is very tempted with the idea of getting a spaniel to go beating with 8O :lol:

I on the other hand am very keen to get back to training Mac - you never know I may be able to make a picking up dog of him yet :wink:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
sasababe said:
very tempted with the idea of getting a spaniel to go beating with 8O :lol:
8O OMG not another one *faint*

Get that OH under control, immediately! :x

Look forward to further reports and other stunning photos :wink:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great pics Sarah, good to hear you had a good day, must have been good to get out of London for a couple of days :D

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Really pleased you enjoyed the day. It certainly is contagious. Wonderful countryside to be spending the day in :D .

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Absolutely brilliant pictures Sarah, they really do capture the day.

Love the one of your dad, with hip flask and cocker, alcohol and the minky ones do seem to be somehow inextricably linked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course it was friendly, it's Yorkshire, what else do you expect!! We are always friendly, it's a way of being nice to those poor buggers that were n't lucky enough to be born here.

Going to be really sad now, and have a go at Power Station spotting, is that Ferrybridge in Pic 4???

Andrew

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol @ Andrew - yes I do believe it was Ferrybridge :wink:

Thanks Andrew - My pictures aren't up there with yours yet but I am trying;)

You Yorkshire men are all the same :roll: must be because you come from "God's" Country :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What a great report and cracking pictures 8) 8) Always love to read/hear about a 'newbies' first day out and by the sound of it, this is just going to be the first of many more days :lol: :lol:

8O 8O @ getting a spaniel - wow, someone is really, really hooked or maybe it's the idea of the hip flask that makes it tempting :lol:

Natasha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts