Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to make the most painful decision and have my eldest baby put to sleep on Friday evening. I haven't posted this sooner, because each time i've tried to type this, i've ended up in a tearful mess. So deep breath and here goes.

Trudi was my gorgeous pure white cat. He was almost 19 years old.
He ended up with heart failure, problems with his kidneys and a stomach tumor. My little boy was in pain, and i had to be brave and do what was best for him. So we called out the vets and he fell asleep in the comfort of his home, here, with myself and daddy beside him. He was very peaceful and slipped away at 5pm, forever sleeping.

I got trudi when I was 7 years old. Being nearly 25, I can hardly remember a moment of my life without him. Loosing him has been one of the most painful experiences, and if i'm very honest, i'm finding the loss extremely difficult to cope with.

This poem is for you Trudi

God looked around His garden and found an empty place
He then looked down upon the earth and saw your tired face
He put His arms around you, and lifted you to rest
God's Garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best
He knew you were suffering, He knew you were in pain
He knew that you would never get well on earth again
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids, and whispered "Peace be thine"
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you, the day God called you Home.

Always in our hearts, we love you trudi.
Now you can lie in the sun forever, pain free.
x x x

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Oh Jill I`m so sorry to hear about Trudi, he has been such a big part of your life for so many years, but you did what was best for him and gave him the last act of love that you could. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))) for you.

Run Free at the Bridge Trudi

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: So, so sad for you but what a totally wonderful life he has had with you and your family. He will have been such a happy cat with all that love.

Hayley xx

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
So sorry to hear about Trudi,
she looks the spitting image of our cat who is 13
and I worry as she gets older that I will have to make the brave decision that you have made :(

Bless her she looks such a sweetheart

(((HUGS))) to you and your family

Kate XX

·
Registered
503 Posts
So sorry to hear of Trudi's passing. What a beautiful cat.

I lost my Reuben a couple of weeks ago - same age I think as he was from a rescue but I'd had him 18 years. Such a sweet tabby.

They leave such a big hole don't they. I miss his morning hello - he was very vocal :lol:

Hugs to you.

Patrick

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I just don't no what to say But I'm sorry to hear about Trudi's he was in his good age for a cat and he is a lovely boy so he is and i will be thinking aout you and the family and i now how you are feeling i did the same and every time i think of it i did the right thing do I'm only 25 year old and i had to tack her to the vet my self and did the decision but i did not want to let her go but when she got older she got more ill so now i fell a bit better with it but i do get up set at time but i do think all the happy memories all the time and even up the park were she loved her walk .
Run free Trudi's you rest in pease now .Hugs

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Oh Jill I am so very sorry - he was a beautiful cat and so very much loved!

You are in my thoughts. I know how hard this is.

Love

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss, Jill. It's such a hard decision to make but you know you did the kindest thing you could for him. What an amazing age for a cat, he must have been much loved and very well looked after.

Norma

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, what a fantastic long time you have shared together, run free Trudi, forever young now :cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts