Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My Baby is 8 weeks old and he joined our family yesterday.
He seemed really settled in his bed last night, but as soon as we went upstairs, he was crying and getting himself really upset.
I slept on the sofa to keep him company.
Do you have any tips?
I can't bear to hear him cry...

Thanks all xxxx

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We put Gillie's crate in our room for the first few nights. Once he was used to use we moved it to the kitchen and he settled down. Hopefully George will too :)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
You will just have to try and put up with it for a few nights and hopefully he will settle down.

Love his name!!

Lorna, George, Alfie & Gladys
xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Welcome to LF :wave:

Look at from George's point of view, he's been taken away from his mum, siblings and everything else he's ever known and is now in a strange place with complete strangers. He'll take a few days to settle down and get used to both you and his new surroundings.

Did his breeder give you a piece of bedding to bring home with him, so there was something familiar to put in the crate with him? If not then try an item of your clothing, something that smells of you but it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed.

Try covering the crate at night when it's time for him to settle down. Obviously you don't want him to get so upset that he makes himself sick, but on the other hand you don't want a puppy that quickly learns that if he makes a fuss you come running, so try not to go back in to him once you've put him to bed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Definitely put the crate in your room for a few nights! We were amazed at how quickly she settled when near us. I think she spent 5 nights in our room and then settled happily back in the kitchen after that.

Good luck :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your reply's, George has spent 4 nights in our bedroom after trying him again last night in the kitchen. When he cries he is very loud and wakes up the children, and I can't bear to hear him cry... as soon as he comes to us he settles instantly.
Im going to gradually move the bed towards the kitchen and hopefully he will settle.
I have been out for a few hours today and he has been fine looks like he spent most of the time catching up the lost hours of sleep lol.
Thanks again.
xxxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts