Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would go into further detail as to part of the reason I left my ex, then hopefully if there are any (there's always someone out there lol) if anyone thinks i just gave up on my other labbies and thats why it was a little lacking in the welcome back portion of my posts, i hope this helps explain it...

In january, I was still up in the air about leaving my ex-I didnt want to but i felt like i needed to. Until one day he snapped and ended up taking it out on one of the pups from my past litter...
It so happened that the end product was that of, a broken leg!
That was the straw that broke this camels back, it gave me, without a doubt the strength i needed to get the hell outa there and do better.
The X-ray (sorry it was taken on my cell phone so it's a little blurry)

After surgery 2,100 bucks later (american dollars)

and my big beautiful boy today...

He's such a trooper, im so proud of him! Guinness and I have so much in common, he doesnt even realize. As 2 years ago my ex beat me up, although nothing of mine was broke, i was left badly beated and bruised.
Together, everyday is just a reminder of the life i took him from and i can see how much happier he is with me as his keeper.
He still has a missed step when he runs, which will probably never be fixed but he doesnt slow him down one bit. He's the tallest of all 5 pups in the litter and can jump as high as a full grown man. He's just amazing :)

?

·
0 Posts
Oh Poor Guiness :( . Sounds like you are far better off without that man in your life.

Glad to hear Guiness has recovered well though.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
:( poor Guiness.

Haven't seen your other posts yet so i'll say 'welcome back' here :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks basil.
I just dont want to be know as "thats that american girly who had all them labs then just ditched them because she didnt want her ex anymore"
when really...Guinness is a HUGE reason why i left.
I've never seen a dog SOO affraid of "men" in my life. He's a wok in progress but thankfully his new daddy is right there by my side helping him through his fears :D:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daizydoggy said:
Poor pup :( Did I read in your other thread that your Ex still has some of your dogs?
Yes he still has 3 of them. We've talked numerous times and have come to a general "getting along" and my being more lenient now after i made him pay for Guinness's entire vet bill (hit the pocket book hard) he understands his mistake and says he can handle the 3 that he has.
Although he is always gone and his mother is the one watching them, I am much more trusting of his mom, she's a very kind woman, has daycare in her home.
The dogs are ALWAYS at his moms house and never go back to where i use to live so i consider them safe and am calling and texting him about every other day to see if things are okay with the dogs. As well as my old vet sends me invoices still that list if they've been there, so i kinda have eyes everywhere LOL

I am though in the midst of trying to sneak charlette (my other yellow female) to be with me. Problem lies with my new boyfriend now though, we have 3 dogs here in this home with us (my two labs and his puggle from a previous relationship) We live in town so we are only allowed so many dogs.

My plan is, because one of my jobs is at a vets office and we get free boarding. My plan is to bring her with me, have her at work with me since i am there ALL THE TIME, when my bf is at work she will be here at home with me till it's time for me to get back to work and she'll come back with me.
does that seem weird? but it would be just like bringing her to work everyday and ill be there to care for her etc. she just would sleep there a few nights a week and i'd be right there with her first thing in the morning when i am back at work
Im still trying to figure out a way to make it work, but ill be damned if i dont get her someday. It's a huge goal of mine :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
That was a nasty break, he must have hit or thrown poor Guiness really hard to do that kind of damage.

Wouldn`t it be better if you and your new BF could get a place where you could have more dogs or is it restricted even if you live in a more rural area?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
_Mary_ said:
That was a nasty break, he must have hit or thrown poor Guiness really hard to do that kind of damage.

Wouldn`t it be better if you and your new BF could get a place where you could have more dogs or is it restricted even if you live in a more rural area?
That would be ideal to get a bigger place with more area for them but around here ( i think bigger cities have more limitations) but there are limitations around the entire town, unless you live in the country.
My new bf owns his home and is in the process of remodeling it so it'll be a while before we could move anyway :(
Another problem is, he says he's a strict 2 dogs only person, and he's not happy that there are 3, but he knew how important it was to me to have Guinness with me as well so he let me thankfully :)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Oh my word thats a very nasty break. 8O :(
Did he need any pins or plates in that?
I haven't read any of your previous posts but im glad you have left you ex. As for your other dogs i hope you can get them in your care soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Ouch! poor baby that's looks horrid. It's clear to see why you had to get out of there, it sounds as if you're trying your hardest to make sure the dogs who had to stay behind are in safe hands.

Fingers crossed you can sort something out and perhaps sweet talk your new man into looking past 2 dogs; maybe 2 each would be good :wink:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Guinness has two plates and 8 pins in his leg which the surgeon said he'll probably have them in there for life. My new vet (when i took him into get his pokes) said he'll probably need quite a bit of pain med. during the winter and some arthritus med. eventually.
He looks so much better now as well, my ex had him for roughly 2 months after the break till i could find a place that allowed dogs (ended up moving in with my now bf to keep two of my doggies) and when my vet looked at him he said it'll probably take 10 months to a year for his fur to fully grow back because he was not taken care of properly after his surgery and within the time that i got him back, his fur fully grew back within 2.5 months! Im so pleased with his progress :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts