Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. im a new lab owner. ive had my boy max for 4 weeks now and he has completely changed my life. i suffer with severe depression and couldnt find a reason to go on. then my daughter gave me max. he is the best reason in the world to get up in the morning. he is now 12 weeks old and is a complete bundle of mischiff and fun. having someone who completely depends on me has given me the will to get my act together. i took him for a walk around the block yesterday. that was the first time i have managed to get out of the house on my own for nearly 6 months. he is worth his weight in gold.
thanks for listening. this is an excellent site.
jane.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Jane

They're certainly life changing - that's for sure, alot of work but well worth the effort.

You get to meet lots of people through the dog - I've lived in my village all my life and have never spoken to so many people since Molly came along - now they all know her rather than me!

Hope all goes well.

Regards
Jill

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
i took him for a walk around the block yesterday. that was the first time i have managed to get out of the house on my own for nearly 6 months. he is worth his weight in gold.
Welcome Jane,

That's great to hear, it's good to hear things are going so well for you and Max. They certainly have a way of brightening up your day, don't they.

Do you have any photos of Max?

He sounds lovely, i remember when our puppy was 12 weeks old, he was like a bouncy little spring bobbing up and down!

Feel free to post any questions, queries or general chat, we are always here to listen :wink:

Have fun with Max,

Best Regards

Julie
aka Bradleysmum

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

just like to say thanks for your support. its really great to have a site like this where you know if you have a puppy problem someone can help. have spent a lot of time today finding my way around the site. what gorgeous photos there are. i feel very privaledged to be a lab owner. best wishes to all.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My Boy

Hi Jane

Are you from Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire? If so, I live just up the road outside Cambridge and went to Hinchingbrooke Secondary School in Huntingdon (for my sins!). I grew up in Godmanchester.

My partner and I have a 10 week old Black Lab called Smudge - he has completely changed our lives too and we love him to bits!

I'm glad that Max is helping with your depression. My mum suffers from severe depression and having a dog was the very best thing for her. She managed to get out of the house by taking him for walks and he became pretty much her life - he was so loyal and loving too so that really helped her.

Take care and all the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi nicola
yep its that huntingdon. had a look at the photos of smudge. hes gorgeous. going to get my daughter to take some of max as soon as she can. cant wait to show my boy off.
best wishes
jane

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Max

Hi Jane

Thanks for your kind comment about Smudge - can't wait to see some piccies of Max too!

We get to take Smudge out for his first walk this Saturday, and we can't wait to show him off! We're so proud of him!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Jane,

I just wanted to say hello, and that I have found the same, that since we have hadd jess, I have got to know so many people in the village we live in. Everyone stops to say hello to Jess, we chat with the other dog owners in the local park, the local shop owners are getting to know us, it is really nice. I hope you continue to enjoy your pup.

Salena

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi salena
thanks for your message. you are right. ive lived in this road for just over 2 years and spoken to a couple of people. since ive had max i ve spoken to nearly every one down here. of course its max they want to talk to bless him. hope you and jess are keeping well.
take care
jane

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I'm hoping when we get Corbie that I will start meeting people! As I moved to Scotland at the end of last year and work from home, all my friends are on the south coast of England and I don't get to meet anyone new as I don't work in an office :( :D

It's just me and my computer at the moment (although I do have a fiance in the evenings once he gets home from work :lol: ) and then I'm sure Corbie will come online and say hi once we have him :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jane, I am so glad you found a reason to live again. Labs have a way of making you feel loved and wanted. When I lost my beloved Lab just two and a half months ago I sufferred from the deepest depression I had ever gone through. I loved that dog so much. I have a new baby now and his name is Angus. He has brought me out of the gutter. Welcome to our website. I hope you find many friends here. Give Max a kiss and a hug for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts