Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new here. I have two 8 month old yellow labs. Skye is an angel at home but a monster when he goes out. He will bark,pull and chase eyeryone he sees for the first time. He doesnt bite but i think it scares people. Kobe is good when he goes out but at home he is very bitey. He jumps,,bites and scratches when he sees us but he doesnt do this to strangers. What can i do to stop this? We have tried almost everything at home .

·
Administrator
20,743 Posts
There is an old saying, "If I wanted to go there I'd not start from here!" Having two pups of around the same age is never a good idea for several reasons, not the least being that it is likely they will both grow old and die within a very short time of each other. Loosing one is hard, but loosing two is a whole different magnitude!

But there is an even more important problem. Training! Puppies are like children. So often they play together, egg each other on, can be so tied up together that they literally exclude their parents, or in the case of pups, the human family. Even having a puppy with an older dog I tend during the first year to take them out separately. I want them to concentrate on me rather than each other. Particularly during the first year every time they go out it's training. But even then you still have the problems which you have at home because both pups have to be together in the house. Really you need to separate the pups for a short time in the house each day so you can concentrate on one at a time. Also I would certainly exercise them separately so you can concentrate on walking to heel and particularly recalls when other people are around. Sorry to sound gloomy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts